recent update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent update

I think the recent update has screwed material files. I was notified that some models and materials on maps were not showing up however they do not show up on singleplayer either, for instance cs_arcticstorm custom materials. The console says the materials have an invalid shader. Not really sure what happened but if anyone has any info, please post it up. I checked steam forums but nothing there.

- -

Re: recent update

A Steam update borking things up...... very strange indeed....
    Dizlor

Comment

Steam messing up? Never!!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
        Steam messing up? Never!!
        I agree fully with Kulmar. How dare you accuse the mighty Steam of screwing somthing up! It's not like I get major problems almost after every one of their "updates"...

Seriously, we all see some graphics in pink and black checkerboard... The minimap is completely frapped...

Worst of all........ I HAVE TO USE DEFAULT WEAPON SKINS :icon_mad:!!! I liked my new skins...

Actually the only saving grace is the rainbow colored dust that comes out when you shoot at checkerboard material :D (Will post screenshot when back on main computer)

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I deleted the clientregistry.blob file and that fixed map materials for me. Dunno about weapons though yet.

- -

Comment

Ok figured out the problem with the server. The update tried to mesh our pure whitelist with the default one and cut most of the entries out. It's been fixed as I write this. Should be good to go.

- -

Comment

So we don't have to delete our blob files?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                So we don't have to delete our blob files?
                if you are seeing purple and black textures then yes i would. That was happening for me even in singleplayer.

- -

Comment

Deleting the clientregistry.blob files fixed several issues that I had been having lately. Also
                  Seph, after doing so I see the players in the new skins that I have gotten from the banana site. Hope it works for u! It does make the world a more beautiful place.... :-)

Also, thanks Sloppy Joe for helping me out with the clientregistry.blob file glitch!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X