Only when TG admins are on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only when TG admins are on...

I've come to the realization that it's absolutely no fun playing w/o other TGs (especially admins) on the TG server. They keep the game running smoothly and keep the players sticking to their objectives. I know that sometimes I've probably sometimes over stepped and ran too far... since I'm learning the maps. Don't hesitate to let me know if I do.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Only when TG admins are on...

Originally posted by asch
    I've come to the realization that it's absolutely no fun playing w/o other TGs (especially admins) on the TG server. They keep the game running smoothly and keep the players sticking to their objectives. I know that sometimes I've probably sometimes over stepped and ran too far... since I'm learning the maps. Don't hesitate to let me know if I do.
    Ugh, you're not kidding. I was so disgusted with the little pricks that I came close to throwing my mouse across the room... I'm on the verge of uninstalling CS:S (or at least removing it from My Games on Steam).

I'm going to get on right now, though.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Paging Wyzcrak. Wyzcrak and tempadmin plugin, please report to CS:S.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Cingular... if you're jumping on... I'll be on too.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I'm doing my best fellas, it ain't easy...

I saw Tempus briefly last night but other than that I don't know what's happening with any mods or any of the other admins.

TG players should also feel free to clue-in their team if one or more are acting-up, deathmatching, rushing or whatever if you think something needs to be said. Don't be afraid to fink on someone to an admin in game as well, although please make sure they are doing something less than honorable before you do. Admins are usually in game also so there is only so much thay can see happening unless dead and spec'ing.

Good luck!

Comment

Maybe we need to talk to TG staff about all the admins that don't play the games they are admins on anymore. I honestly think that an admin should be active or atleast available to admin a game if they hold the position. I myself have made sure the gang knows that they can pull me out of any game if they need me to handle a problem in GR. I am not bashing any one but just laying out some food for though. I see admining as a position of servitude not power.

Comment

I'm going to install HLSW on my own server here at home and mess around with it a bit just for kicks.

We're slowly getting a few regulars on the server playing PCS and that is what will make all the difference eventually when there are more TG players on more regularly. Hope it happens that way at any rate...
              Last edited by DeRanger; 12-12-2004, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                I've come to the realization that it's absolutely no fun playing w/o other TGs (especially admins) on the TG server.
                You're right, unless admins are on the game can be a drag. But the key is to stick it out through the TK'ers, rushers, lamers etc., to build up a good playerbase. Set an example and soon we'll be able to fill the server with PCS players and the lamers will become the minority.

Comment

Just wanted to post and say there were some good games last (Sunday) night. I saw quite a few TGers on there, though I did notice that many were using other tags (not |TG|), but eventually I figured it out.

The admins did a great job of keeping ppl in check and there were very few incidents after they were warned. THANKS!

I guess I'm probably feeling pretty good about last night's games too because I was actually posting a >1 kill / death ratio... all from following the objectives (I hope). It was also great to shoot Tempus in the back of the head a few times as he would run mindlessly pass me hiding behind a box.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

You were on fire last night!! I don't know what came over you, but you were always in the right place at the right time. :icon11:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      You were on fire last night!! I don't know what came over you, but you were always in the right place at the right time. :icon11:
                      My guess is that I'll do better when the team plays towards the objectives and sticks together. I didn't have to worry too much about my six cause my teammates had me covered. When everyone runs around is when I get blind sided all too frequently. Similar to my BF style, I like to take a choke point and defend or play support.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that I missed the good games last night... What time did you guys play? Hopefully I'll catch you all next weekend...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Tried to play tonight. As soon as Apo left the deathmatching, rushing, and TKing began. I lasted about ten minutes before my mouse went sailing through the air.
                          I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Yeah, trying to get my admin commands working properly.. They worked last night, but today they're being all sorts of funky and not doing what they're supposed to. I was trying to kick a couple of those guys for 5 minutes and couldn't seem to do it remotely at all.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

<sigh> :icon18:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse