zps map suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zps map suggestions

Besides being a cool pun for hte name, this map might not be too bad.
    zpo_deadandbreakfest_b3.bsp

1) The zombies have 2 exits at spawn. One takes them to the ground level. The other opens to the sewers when the humans get far enough so that the zombies don't have to walk FOREVER to get there (plus you can't get down the elevator as a zombie, I THINK)

2) Starts upstairs, have to find a map, then a key, go down elevator, power up generator and escape.

It has some promise. I only played it on a pub server with a LOT of people on it.

Couldn't find a link to download it, so it is in my webspace.

Dead and Breakfast Map

Last edited by Vulcan; 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

zombie map zps_cabin_b5_cg

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56476

Well, it is a survival map and not a verybig one. I'd probably say no to using this one due to its size and limitations.

Just a small area with several houses. Not much tactical, other then working together to keep zombies out of the house you're in, moving to same house, etc...
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

zombie map zps_lockdown_b2

zps_lockdown_b2

Another map with possibilities, but I can't find anyplace to download it except from a server. I could post this one in my web space also.

It is a prison, pretty much trashed and ugly looking. Check out the pictures. I can post a link here from my personal TG webspace if wanted...

Last edited by Vulcan; 08-13-2008, 09:27 AM.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Re: zombie map zps_lockdown_b2

That looks like one of the maps in halflife. Thats a good looking map.

FUN FUN

Comment

re: zps map suggestions

Deffinatly dark enough for a good zombie bash :) Nice screenies Skylark thanks. I don't get out much and the screenies help me :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Just wondering how many threads you are going to start with the same title ???
            Dizlor

Comment

Well, I had the map suggestions under seperate threads titled by the map name, but they melded the threads together. But that's cool. Just puts more of my awesome screen shots on one page! CAN YOU HANDLE IT!
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                Deffinatly dark enough for a good zombie bash :) Nice screenies Skylark thanks. I don't get out much and the screenies help me :)
                Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                zps_lockdown_b2

It is a prison, pretty much trashed and ugly looking. Check out the pictures. I can post a link here from my personal TG webspace if wanted...
                http://www.tacticalsites.com/~skylar...ockdown_b2.bsp
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

soo..many...zombie threads
                  powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

i highly recommend ZPS_Silence. its based on an insane asylum that has been ruined. Every door in the asylum opens and theres at least 15 rooms to barricade. complete with a roof to camp(but 2 very wide windows to jump through), 2 padded rooms covered in blood(easy to defend), 2 large basement corridors, numorous ways to navagate, plenty of room for tactics. i just finished playing this map and its was pretty darn fun if you ask me.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

That zombie lockdown map is a port of the level from halflife 2 where you have to go through the prison to get to the docter.

Also I would love to see it played, however the others looked lame.

bring back Zombie.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

I merged all the map threads into one skylark. I also thinned your pictures, really don't need that many..

silence sounds good rudeboy, i'll slap that one on the server.

Anyone play the zpo maps yet? Which are good?

- -

Comment

dead and breakfest is at least a zpo map. There is a plan. The only servers I've played it on had way too many people, all not cooperating very well, so it is hard to tell. The problem I see is that it doesn't have that many areas... it is a little linear. A few rooms, mostly open areas. Once you get out of the first house and into the basement, it gets pretty hard for the humans to blockade or defend. But it might be ok.

Another map I just saw last night is called runoff. It seems similar to dead and breakfest in that it is a zpo map, but not many defendable places. Just a lot of open areas. Some hiding places. So this one seems out.

I went to fps banana, looked at the top rated maps and tried to find servers playing those maps. I couldn't find ANY of the top rated maps being played. Just seems funny. I think we might just have to load up some of those maps from fps banana and go for it. I'll post some ideas later today.
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Re: zps map suggestions

zps_office_b2
                            http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/58485

Office map made for zombie.

I don't know what changes have been made because I can't find a server playing this map to look at it. But it is the highest rated one on fpsbanana

I do worry about how defendable anyplace is on the map. Just from the screenshots, you dont' see a good place to baricade or anything. But there are only a few pictures.

From the page:
                            Alaska was the last safe haven you could find from the zombie plague. You have stumbled on an abandoned oil pipeline installation. You decide to enter the office complex. When you enter, you might just find out why it was abandoned...
                            -----------

My girlfriend who is a huge counter-strike freak challenged me to port the CS:Source map cs_office to zombie panic! source, and re-design it a bit for it fits more into the scary atmosphere of the game. So I took the base map, re-textured it, heavily modified it, and added many ambient things to make the map scary and fit more into the ZPS atmosphere.

The outcome is what I think might be the most balanced map ZPS has seen yet. I've been playing it all day today with 24 people, and zombies win roughly 55% of the time and humans win about 45% of the time, which I think is perfect. No doubt it can still use some tweaking, which is why it's still in beta stage.

Weapon placement, there's no lack of weapons, but the good weapons are hard to find. None of that BS where humans start off with 20 AK-47's in their spawn. If humans are to win, they are going to have to actually try. There IS one spot where humans can camp, but I fixed it and made it for zombies can work together and kill the human, if they can figure out how to do it.

I totally redesigned the lighting of the level, and think I really set a standard. Zombies blend perfectly into the darkness with only their glowing eyes visible, which sends shivers up the spines of Human players. Zombies can actually use the darkness in some spots to their advantage. Humans can as well if they are smart and don't spam their flashlights to give away their location. In once instance while spectating, I observed a human who didn't even notice a zombie 10 feet from him moving across the room darting in and out of columns and props to conceal himself. And it's not like the room was pitch black where you couldn't see where you were going. They are also many brightly lit rooms as well, but if the humans are to get good weapons they may have to bravely venture into the darker areas to find new weapons or ammo.

I give total credit to valve for creating this map and I no way take any credit. I just thought my girlfriend was right that cs_office would make a good ZPS map if ported to ZPS correctly, and I think she really was right. So far every player has said they liked this map. The only thing in this map I take credit for are the things I added and the things I changed.
                            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Re: zps map suggestions

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/55623
                              zpo_wetland_final

again, hard to tell from the screenshots alone, but it seems to be mostly open wetlands with one (?) cabin. It looks cool, foggy and scary. I've been looking for a server to play this on also, but so far no luck. It's funny how the highest rated maps don't seem to be played. Everyone wants some stupid open kill em all map that the humans never seem to win.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...