Getting "bad password" when connecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting "bad password" when connecting

I've installed Vista 64 bit and i'm trying to connect to the tg server first time. My steamid is in my profile. Other servers and also games work fine, it's just CSS. The server just keeps telling me "Bad password".

I've tried connect 70.87.55.29 password "password" in the console but same error. Any tips?

Re: Getting "bad password" when connecting

try this... put this in the icon to start CSS, after "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe"

-applaunch 240 +connect 70.87.55.29:27015 +password password

No "" around the password, and you are using the correct password?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Thanks! But, that didn't work sadly.

Yeah i have the right password. Same i used before on xp.

Thing is i even get "bad password" when i just write "connect 70.87.55.29" in the console. Before on XP it prompted me for the password, now it just says "bad password". It's like it preconfigured somewhere!

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't prompt you for the password if you are connecting through console. But I saw you in-game, so I see you made it in.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I figured it out. Intially the game had the password set in the config.cfg to nothing ie password = "". But once i added the server and connect'ed i could enter the password. After that the config.cfg changed to password = "password". Strange huh. Now i can connect like i used to.

So all is well now, thanks Kulmar!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X