de_inferno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_inferno

I have just been reviewing this map and wanted to put these screenies up for everyone because I'm more impressed with this map than I am with docks. This could have come right from Valve themselves, it is stunning and runs flawlessly. Hope you like these, vote favourably and more so, I hope it ends-up on the server very soon.

Definitely, it looks fantastic!
    94.12%
    Nah, I don't like it.
    5.88%

Re: de_inferno

Which version is this? And from where can it be downloaded?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It is an unofficial version created by some German mappers and it is absolutely beautiful. Not nice enough for Wyzcrak to put on the server for some reason though, maybe he's waiting for the Valve version or something, beats me... Anyway, here you go Cingular.

de_inferno

http://downloads.punkassfraggers.com...Maps/DE%20Maps
      Last edited by DeRanger; 12-23-2004, 08:37 PM.

Comment

for some reason when i tried to connect to the server it said i was missing the map :(

Comment

Love it!! Looks fantastic!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

looks ok

alittle dark, and looks "wierd" the atmosphere seems wrong?
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
              ...and looks "wierd" the atmosphere seems wrong?
              Its called fog... :icon16:

Comment

I think a dark map would encourage more sneaking around rather than rushing. It would also give a chance to finally use those Night Vision Goggles.

Comment

I use a little program called Advance Gamma Corrector to adjust my gamma and brightness to suit because it seems that every map needs an adjustment (for me anyway), either up or then down, to be able to play efficiently. The brightness adjustment in the options doesn't do squat for me because I like a darker desktop.

Comment

thats a stupid amount of fog though.
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                      thats a stupid amount of fog though.
                      Most people seem to like it, myself included, adds another element to the game. Are you using an ATI card ro a nVidia, I remember my nVidia card rendered much thicker fog than my ATI does now? The lighting on this map is really cool too...

Comment

ati 9700pro

as you've said the ati seems to be dark on some maps, too light on others....all the images to me look washed out?
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

The fog kind of makes sense though - I think they're going for a dawn time of day. I like the map, they've taken the traditional inferno and put the right kind of upgrades and Source interpretations on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker2
                            The fog kind of makes sense though - I think they're going for a dawn time of day. I like the map, they've taken the traditional inferno and put the right kind of upgrades and Source interpretations on things.
                            Quoted for emphasis.

I like the map VERY much, especially the fog, exactly how it is.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I like the map VERY much, especially the fog, exactly how it is.
                              Yeah, I played it last night for the first time. It's gorgeous. The dusky setting is perfect, too. Not many maps are set in that time of day...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X