Any admin's available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any admin's available?

Could use some on CS right now. Mon 6:16pm EST.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Any admin's available?

<sigh> :icon23: ...

Comment

I jumped-in for a bit there, hope it was of some help.

Let me take this opportunity to make a bit of a "public service" announcement...

This taken from the CS admin forum:

"...I'm going to be much less of an admin presence for a little while, I hope you can bare with me. I would like to try actually concentrating on playing a bit of CS for a change when I feel like joining the server and am sick and tired of what "playing" the game has entailed for the last few weeks. It has entirely been too much "work" and that is starting to piss me off because I like this game too much. I've probably actually played 3 or 4 whole rounds unhindered by admin duties in three weeks and that is not good. I've been taking it too seriously, putting too much time in and in layman's terms I'm burnt-out. Doesn't mean I'm done I just need a break."

99% of my online time in CS has been administration for weeks now. I have done my best to try and uphold PCS rules to the best of my ability while at the same time allowing for a fun, dynamic game. I continually worry about striking the proper balance between 1) developing a player base comprised of people who understand and play by the PCS rules and also have fun and 2) actually having people joining and coming back to the server repeatedly because they like it. I have however reached my limit and don't want to become embittered over this game as I have always liked it very much.

I'm almost ready to quit admin altogether and if not for the fact that I'm not a quitter (and I won't back-down to the pressure a planet full of pre-pubescent, quick-lipped, deathmatching punks presents) I would have already. I'll try to assist whenever possible in the interim but I really need a break from the crap. I also want to actually play a bit for a change when I have gaming time.

Hopefully more admins will be on more often to help when the server is hopping as it was tonight. I assure you I'll be back to form soon but please bare with me here... It has been very time consuming, has not been easy and its taken its toll in that I'm quite sick of what this game has become for me lately.

Thanks
      Last edited by DeRanger; 12-20-2004, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Hey DeRanger... sorry if it was a bother. It actually was a help. When some of the folks heard the rules from "Console" most quickly calmed down and started playing. I think I only saw one person giving the admin some problems after a nice warning. Hopefully you'll keep on playing. I need target practice.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't have done it if it was a bother asch, it is my responsibility after all. I just had to let you guys know my status, glad I could calm things down a bit.

Great games this evening too lads! That round on cobble and the part of office I played were pure joy. Games like that make me glad I've put the effort into the server all along. Cheers! :icon12:

Comment

There were some awesome games tonight. Lots of fun.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...