No sound from radios after update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound from radios after update?

Since the last update I can no longer hear sounds from the antique radio on Italy nor the radio beside the dell computer in Office. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: No sound from radios after update?

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter
    Since the last update I can no longer hear sounds from the antique radio on Italy nor the radio beside the dell computer in Office. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Same here.

I noticed that music emanating from other parts of maps are still audible, however. It must have something to do with music coming from something that can be destroyed...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have noticed this also and if you are at the radio not hearing any music you will see errors in your console that indicate that "the wav file was not found in the disk repository" or something to that effect. This will happen on office also when you are near the garbage bin in CT spawn, there are five Flies.wav files that always create errors. There is a res file on PunkAssFraggers that you can add which contains these files. I tried it and no more errors. The radio on italy is a different animal though because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Chances are if you play another round or if you rejoin the server and try again it will work. I don't have an explanation other than it is one of many peculiar bugs in the game engine or the way the game accesses resources from the compressed gcf files or something that I'm sure as hell not going to be able to figure-out.
      Last edited by DeRanger; 12-21-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I think this is what DeRanger is talking about. The first .rar file.

Comment

CS: S and the HL2 engine is just as buggy as CS ever was...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X