Eliminate Dust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminate Dust?

OK, I never expected to see Dust last as long as it has on a TG server, but the novelty has worn off... I think that although my hatred for that map may not equal Apophis', it has to come close.

I think it's time for it to go, especially now that we have inferno and prodigy on the server.

What say you?
    Yes.
    48.15%
    No.
    48.15%
    I don't care.
    3.70%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Eliminate Dust?

Good call! Get rid of both of them for that matter! Dust_2 isn't as bad but the only reason to have them is to attract players and I submit that we don't need crappy DM maps to do that anymore... :icon12:

Comment

Dust really should go. Dust 2 at least has more paths to the bomb points. I don't think we can afford to lose two maps out of our limited rotation.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I played dust today (on friend's comp) and I must say, I agree. The tunnel fights can be fun but usually unorganized rushing. Dust 2 should stay for a wee bit, though.

Comment

I'd like to keep Dust2 as well. I've never had a problem with it...

I also wish I knew who voted to keep de_dust. Next time I do a poll like this, I'm going to set it up so we can see who voted.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Next time I do a poll like this, I'm going to set it up so we can see who voted.
            Why? Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If they wanted to comment on it, I imagine they would have.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
              Good call! Get rid of both of them for that matter! Dust_2 isn't as bad but the only reason to have them is to attract players and I submit that we don't need crappy DM maps to do that anymore... :icon12:
              Dust, i could believe people not finding it to be a strategic map. But dust_2 is probably one of the most strategic maps in cs. There are so many differnet things to do in it, And rushing on that map actually makes you use strategy for the most part too, so even a noob uses strategy on that map alot.
              I met one of you at best buy... But I don't know who. I need to make myself a sig soon

Comment

I voted to keep dust on the server. If played correctly, with flash, smoke, and nades, the server is a T map. Plain and simple. This is a tactical community.
                birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I voted to keep it. I will proudly say it too. If played correctly, you can guard it easily as CT's and rush it as T's. It's a great map, if you really try to play it. I understand why you guys hate it though.

Comment

While I don't think dust is a horrible map, I also don't think it's anything real special. It's pretty basic, and not a whole lot of variety to how the rounds go. Just about every other map in CS:S is a lot more fun, and has a bit more depth to it.

On the other hand, Dust2 is a great map, and I'd be sad to see that one go.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
                      I voted to keep dust on the server. If played correctly, with flash, smoke, and nades, the server is a T map. Plain and simple. This is a tactical community.
                      Yeah, but at the same time its really easy to turn into a DeathMatch. And right now we have yet to build up a solid playerbase of PCS regulars who know how to play correctly, as this server is relatively new. So, for now, I vote to put it in storage for a while.

Comment

Because I have individually observed at times in de_dust's gameplay the same attributes on which we pride ourselves and collectively often observe in other maps, I'm compelled to feel that removing the map due to its gameplay would moreso be commentary on those playing it than on the map itself.

That having been said, I can tolerate it going away.

Nevertheless, I'll vote to keep it. My favorite maps in NS are those which I find challenging... maps which reward you for thinking outside the box. If playing de_dust the way we like to play the game requires people to think outside the box, then I see a challenge, and there's a part of me that likes that.

I definately understand why someone would want the map removed, but I can't say I've ever had a round on that map that I thought sucked due to the map's design alone.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I voted to leave it in. I don't understand what the hatings about.I guess its because its a very straight forward map. I agree with Wuss if you play it right its a pretty decent map. The fact it can become deathmatch is irrelevant every map can turn to deathmatch. Its not cs_prodigy's fault that in most servers its just team deathmatch. Its the fault of the game design. Seriously not respawning is what turns this game to team deathmatch with the objective being an afterthought. Also from an admin POV look at the bright side it will attract people you don't want so you can get rid of them now rather then later.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            I voted to leave it in. I don't understand what the hatings about...
                            Personally I'm sick of looking at anything dust and don't like the kind of play it automatically promotes. It is one of a deathmatcher's favorite (if not the favorite) maps and I've played it 800,000 times too many over the years.

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            Also from an admin POV look at the bright side it will attract people you don't want so you can get rid of them now rather then later.
                            That's humorous and all but this is one of the reasons Cingular, myself and I'd argue any hardcore PCS player, don't want it. It is a tight deathmatch map with few options, plain and simple, there is no other way to play it. Ts will rush as the offensive team will and CTs will have to rush to have a prayer of defending. The only tactic required is to rush and let fly with everything one has. I'm really sick of rounds ending in 60 or 90 seconds tops and this map is the posterchild. It doesn't belong here on the server with the kind of play we're trying to promote. Dust_2 sure, I'm sure most could live with it and enjoy it but dust? The vote results show just how far we have to go, even among our own ranks, to develop a PCS server the likes of which we once had (pie in the sky perhaps?). Keeping this map on the server is two steps back...

Comment

both should stay, there isnt enough maps to start whining about "DM" maps
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X