keep getting "kicked by console"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep getting "kicked by console"

did TG stop allowing special characters like our tag ·:§:· on the server?
    i tried to join and got kicked a couple of times.

Re: keep getting "kicked by console"

Originally posted by a.c.york
    did TG stop allowing special characters like our tag ·:§:· on the server?
    i tried to join and got kicked a couple of times.
    I don't think so. But the server was full today. With paying members from Tactical Gamer. And paying members will bump non-paying members from our server. We don't pressure anyone into paying, but the servers (remember we have LOTS of game servers) do cost money. If you help pay for the servers, you won't have to worry about whether or not there's room for you on the server.

Click here to become a paying member.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What Cingular said about memberships is true, and very valid, and very relevant.

However, he's also falling victim to my mistake (sorry, Cing).

Today, I installed a new admin management system on the server which finally gives supporting members reserved slots (I'm still testing, but it seems very reliable). It also makes life easier for the admins who help make the server one on which you enjoy playing. This system has MANY variables which can control MANY things.

One of the settings allows restricting unicode characters in playernames. This setting is currently enabled, and I think you're falling victim to it.

I identified this this afternoon and I forgot to correct the mistake.

Accept my apologies. I'll have everything fixed for you in the next 15 minutes.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Aha, well there you go... If we didn't already have a clan using unicode, I'd be heavily in favor of keeping people that use them off our server. In general, they tend to be the immature, 1337 h4x0r type of players that we don't need here.

That said, the ·:§:· clan is not that type of player. The ·:§:· clan is made up of the type of players that we need more of here... I don't suppose there's any way to enable the unicode restrictions, but to manually input exceptions?
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          I don't suppose there's any way to enable the unicode restrictions, but to manually input exceptions?
          Not presently, but who knows what the future holds. :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Keep in mind ·:§:· is not a clan, far from it. Like you, we are a community of like minded individuals, who like mature, team oriented game play. Thats why we all enjoy your server.

Keep up the good work.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
              Thanks for the info. Keep in mind ·:§:· is not a clan, far from it. Like you, we are a community of like minded individuals, who like mature, team oriented game play. Thats why we all enjoy your server.

Keep up the good work.
              Do you guys have a website? We (TG) have partnered with other communities like yours. Most recently with the Gamers With Jobs clan. How big is ·:§:·?
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Do you guys have a website?
                Yes we do, and we are changing it up in the next week or so I believe. You can find it here-->http://www.reasonsasylum.com/index.php
                How big is ·:§:·?
                Not that big. We are just a small community of friends. Most of us had some affiliation with DC-Central (7000 members) as staff, or members. After it went defunct, some of us continued to game together. We are really happy to find a server that has common ideals.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Thats cool, its good to find more people that like to play like we do.
                  I've enjoyed playing with you guys the last couple days.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                    Thats cool, its good to find more people that like to play like we do.
                    I've enjoyed playing with you guys the last couple days.
                    Ditto bro...in fact, i've grown so accustomed to your server, it's hard to play anywhere else. (the "all seeing console" is my fav...lol)

I started our community back in Feb. '04 along with a few others. We left a "clan" of whom we were a main part of for about 2 years. We were very competitive in BF ladders and after having enough of the politics of clans, decided to start our own...lol

anyway, about half of the members that helped me start the new clan have since left for one reason or another, although we remain friends, we have different objectives in what we want out of all this.

we started out by calling ourselves "the reason" ··tr·· and the website's address is still reasonsasylum.com.

but over the last few months, we've been growing thanks to the arrival of Scoop and Usarion. They both brought a bunch of new members to our forum and since then, we've been getting some good gaming in. We started out with BF Vietnam, but when CS:S came along, well lets just say, it's hard to go back.

The new forum is taking the form of a "gaming community" instead of a clan.
                    The name has been changed to "the gamer's syndicate" and the new address will reflect that in a few days.
                    The tag we wear ·:§:· is supposed to resemble a letter "g" and "s" combined (hence gamer's syndicate)

of course, you are all welcome to drop by and register on the forums. we welcome new peeps who become active on our forum just as you did us. thanks again

a.c.

Comment

(the "all seeing console" is my fav...lol).
                      One of them has quit so I can only hope that the server is monitored regularly for you guys and everyone else who has taken a liking to it.

...of course, you are all welcome to drop by and register on the forums. we welcome new peeps who become active on our forum just as you did us. thanks again

a.c.
                      Nice site you guys have there! I loved the avatar that Usarion is using, the guy smashing himself in the head with a sheet pan... The only laugh I had yesterday and man did I need that. Thanks for spending time here you ·:§:· guys, your presence has been a great addition to our community.

Comment

As York said, come around any time.
                        We do love to play with avatars. hehe

I've been popping in over here now and again but I tend, at least so far, to stick to the CS:S section.
                        Shame you had an admin quit. Surely there are others in the TG community capable and willing to admin the server. I would offer to help but I'm pretty new here and pretty new to the CS thing. You experienced guys can probably see us ·:§:· guys getting better and better. New game, new maps, etc... we're picking it up. We're all experienced shooter game fanatics... even veterans of some games. (DC and BF:V and their associated mods for instance)

I kinda enjoy learning from the masters while I cam behind them after a quick and merciful headshot. DeRanger... you're a machine! lol
                        Lots of you guys are really superb players.

On the note of paying members, I wonder if there's the chance of upping the player count or running a second TG CS:S server if enough money were paid. It does kinda suck to find the server full when there are 3 or 4 of us looking to game together. And what happens if all the players are paying members and another tries to join? Would really suck to pay and not be able to join. (Unlikely but I'm curious)
                        I will check the link but I may as well (ass swell... hehe) ask while I'm typing: what's the going rate?

Lookin forward to gaming with ya again shortly.

Oh, one more thing... Here's an idea: I know some servers allow free cam and some put the cam on a player(after death). Seems like some servers put you behind an enemy and some let you do both teams. How bout only allowing the cam to follow teammates only? Just a thought.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Just a note: Tempus pointed out to me AGAIN this afternoon that AGAIN players with Unicode were unable to join the server. I don't know how that setting got reverted, but it's again fixed. If it happens again, please use the contact information in my profile to contact me ASAP so that I can fix it (I don't have any reason to think it will happen again, but...).

Comment

no dude, it's cool...we can take a hint...lol j/k
                            i thought it was because it was almost full and the last few spots were reserved or an admin was joining at the same time. either way no biggie, we'll be back.

Comment

I've tossed the idea of changing to a GS type of tag (regular characters) or even wearing |TG| to the ·:§:· guys. I'm presently awaiting discussion.
                              I have come to believe, as CingularDuality said, that we could live without most of the leet speak type of players with all that unicode stuff in their names. Some definite odd stuff happening with a lot of them lately.
                              If we're the only reason you allow it then perhaps we can remedy that situation...

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...