Is the internet broken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the internet broken?

I don't know why, but the past couple night my ping has been horrible. I mean we're talking like the 300-500 range consistantly. I don't have a virus, I've restarted my router, my modem, my computer, my car... I've done it all. Something is attacking me! No one else is having this problem, I mean 9v from the UK has a better ping than me!

My ISP is charterpipeline and I have a 3Mbit Down/256k Up cable connection.

Tracert 1 4:30 PM today
    Tracert 2 7:00 PM today
    Central Time

Any suggestions other than moving to dallas?

Re: Is the internet broken?

I saw some people on the server with bad pings tonight.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ya your ping did suck, as well as some others. I did not realize you were on broadband though. SnakeHunter over at our place is also on Charter, and is having a similar issue. Coincidence?? I think not. Apparently it's all his fault, according to them. Although he runs a pretty tight ship, like the rest of us who take gaming seriously.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I was having some odd problems and intermittent lagging last night, too. Not sure what was up; somebody (Wyz?) reset the server, too, but I had to leave then so I don't know if that would have helped any or not. (I'm on DSL, btw).

No big loss, though - serious invasion of the fragmonkeys/tk'ers/idiots last night. Hats off to "console"; hardest-working man in gaming!

Gooshy

Comment

I LOVE YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

My ping to the new CS:Source Server with currently 8 players on:
          84!

My ping to the old CS:Source Server with ZERO players on:
          452!

This is the best thing since sliced bread!

also reduced the number of hops from 15 to 13 so maybe that helped too :)

Comment

If you're on comcast, then they're currently having problems with the server. When I jump on NS, i get packet loss in the 100's

Comment

its charterpipeline for my isp, just an example here is a little list i've complied of servers I have... you can see the difference between night and day on the pings, really wierd actually.

but that's right, i was STILL playing at TG even though my pings were in the 400-500 range when i could have been pinging 50 somewhere else :)

Comment

I've had behavior identical to what you're experiencing. It was a bad router in Dallas, very near our datacenter (but not part of it at all). It eventually went away, thank goodness, as it affected my connection to the NS server, for which I am responsible.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X