Comp crash on de_inferno - maps/graphs/de_inferno.ain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp crash on de_inferno - maps/graphs/de_inferno.ain

For whatever reason, I can't get out of spawn without the computer crashing. I tried re-downloading and installing de_inferno, nothing. The only hint I have is this maps/graphs/de_inferno.ain file that refuses to download and isn't included in the map pack and doesn't download automatically, but others also suffer the same symptom without computer crashes.

--Shroom
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Re: Comp crash on de_inferno - maps/graphs/de_inferno.ain

Yeah, I don't know what it is... I have to re-download it every time that map loads. Same with de_nuke...

I never crash, though...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I also know some guys who crash out on this map, and this map only?? Corrupt file?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

The crashing is talked about somewhere in the steampowered forums. Also, some other members here have that problem. There was no known solution at the time that I read about it.

As far as the download, I believe everyone does that on the custom maps.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Okay then, it must be a brush or something else with the map. Again, if I stay in spawn, I'm okay. I leave and turn the fourth corner, and I crash.

--Shroom
          -- Shroom
          I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

have you tried deleting the map, and downloading from the server only? or are you getting the map from a website?

Comment

I have personally never had a problem with it, except that it goes to the downloading screen for a second. I dont actually have to redownload it.

But my friend grey cant play it at all. Im not sure if it happens in respawn but every time he tries it crashes his computer.

Comment

I have an idea to try, but it requires server admins taking some of the files off of the server and allowing them to be downloaded off of this site, if at all possible.
                I have noticed I have to redownload de_nukes8.ain, and de_inferno.ain every time those maps come up. What if those 2 files were placed in the required folder by a user who then connects to the server? Maybe it would finally aleviate the frustration, because it seems either STEAM or something else deletes the files after the map is over with.
                I have problems with de_inferno, I crash as soon as I exit the spawn area.
                I have noticed the files are there while I am playing the map, but the files vanish as soon as the map is over with or I disconnect.
                Maybe they will vanish afterwards, maybe not. I'm thinking if the files are only needed to be read, to mark them as read only to help prevent them from vanishing into thin air.
                This is just a possibility down the long road of troubleshooting the source of the problem behind the always need to download those graph files.
                As far as de_inferno goes, I have no idea other than maybe a graphics issue as to why it causes some to crash and others not. Perhaps we could help each other in the situation by telling what graphics card we are using and system, as it could even be the driver version we are using let alone the processor or graphics card itself.
                Hell, since we are talking about windows it could be that the directx version being used is causing the problem, or once again, STEAM could be coded badly.
                "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

I download the de_inferno.ain file every time that map loads and I do not crash.

I'm running an A64 3200, GF 6800 GT (latest drivers as of 2 wks ago), 1 G RAM, and Windows XP Pro.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I 'download' both the custom maps every time but it is much faster than the first time.
                    I notice that people who haven't played before take till the second round to join.
                    I don't crash or anything. The only issue I have is the trees, and sometimes streetlights, turn white ocassionally. Not a major issue and I heard that everyone gets that.(?)

I have:
                    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
                    AMD 3200+
                    2x512 Corsair XMS pc3200
                    BFG 6800GT OC @ 415/1080
                    Seagate Barracuda SATA 120GB
                    ... among other things
                    Oh yeah, XP Pro.

No issues here. If it's a map issue then it's likely to affect us all.
                    I'd be happy to try and help in any way if I can. :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                      The only issue I have is the trees, and sometimes streetlights, turn white ocassionally. Not a major issue and I heard that everyone gets that.(?)
                      Never seen that problem... The only graphics problem I've had was one time on Aztec when the spray painted letters "A" and "B" and the bombsite "targets" were just solid square blocks of red.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

For those of you who are still crashing on this map..

This may provide some helpful info..
                        http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hreadid=235008

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'd like to note that verifying the CS:S files does fix the problem. So thanks, Tempus.

Comment

I have followed through with the file verification for both CS:S and Half Life 2, I still crash on de_inferno as soon as I try to get out of spawn. Maybe when my new graphics card gets here that will change (hopefully).
                            "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Originally posted by grey
                              I have followed through with the file verification for both CS:S and Half Life 2, I still crash on de_inferno as soon as I try to get out of spawn. Maybe when my new graphics card gets here that will change (hopefully).
                              ditto...
                              I use it as the common sense way to tell me that I've once again stayed up too late playing CS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X