FF punishment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF punishment?

I was wondering since the player base is getting a good group of players if we could forget about the penalty for tking... If a true tk'er comes on anyway they just reconnect and join again before the rounds starts so they dont miss a round anyway... And it ends up hurting your team for 2 rounds, the round in which you killed a teammate, and the next one when your team plays a man down. I say leave the forgive option on, but take off the servers "round after" punishment.

Thoughts, comments?

Re: FF punishment?

I think its worth considering for the reasons you give. OTOH also consider the grief a TK'er could cause if no admins are there.

I am not aware of any TK punish/forgive plugins for CS:Source.

Comment

leave it on while the server isnt admined, as soon as Admin is on, turn it off?
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
        ...also consider the grief a TK'er could cause if no admins are there.
        yeah, thats what I'm saying... usually when someone comes on to TK one or two things happen. They TK then reconnect to the server in time so they dont miss a round and can TK again, OR the rest of the team takes aim on the TKer at spawn and it ends up being fought out amongst the own team. There is plenty of grief without an admin on anyway, because by being able to reconnect in time to make the next round the current system is ineffective.

edit: i thought there was a forgive tk feature already installed on the server, that kills a player in the same round as the tk?

Comment

Originally posted by Weenis

edit: i thought there was a forgive tk feature already installed on the server, that kills a player in the same round as the tk?
          Berzerker was saying that there was last night when I was on but I've never seen it personally. When I asked him about it he said that it is there but doesn't work from his experience so I can only assume that it is not functional even though it may show-up for some. Wyzcrak would have to weigh-in on this but I don't see any foolproof way to avoid intentional, repeat TKers other than to have an admin about.

Comment

Is there anyway to set it up that if a player is punished multiple times then to ban him for a day (or some other period of time)?
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Until the day that a forgive mod is in place, I'd say it's better to just keep it the way it is.

I personally don't mind sitting out a round when I've killed a teammate. I feel that I deserve it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                I personally don't mind sitting out a round when I've killed a teammate. I feel that I deserve it.
                Not your fault your team-mate got between you and the enemy... ;)

I do think we should have the option to forgive people so they don't get slayed. Accidents happen. I've accidently killed people before, and it's sometimes unavoidable. The current system is just a bit too harsh. Sure it can stop the grief TK'er, but like it's already been said, there are ways around that already.

Comment

Everyone TKs sometimes.
                  It's usually one of two things with me; 1. Someone strafed into my line of fire, or 2. Someone came around the corner toward me from the enemy side.
                  *I say usually...

I'm cool with sitting out the next round. Gives me a chance to run to the john. lol

I was wondering about the forgive thing. I first saw that the other night. I'm assuming now that if you don't forgive the TKer he dies right away. I was wondering because even if forgiven you still sit out the next round.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I have configured the server to behave as follows:

A victim killed by an attacking teammate is given an option to forgive. If he chooses this option, the attacker is never slain as a result of the (presumably accidental) TK. If the victim does not forgive the attacker, the attacker is only ever once slain, at the first moment he is alive after the victim makes his decision.

Other server-wide, TK-related settings:

The server is configured to automatically kick anyone who kills a teammate in the first 8 seconds of a round. This is designed to prevent griefers who spawn TK.

Any player committing four TKs within one round is kicked regardless of their victims' tolerance of those TKs.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That's excellent news Wyzcrak. What is the forgive command?

Comment

if its the same one that was on before... when you are tk'd a menu pops up on the left hand side of your screen asking you if you want to forgive or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Weenis
                          if its the same one that was on before... when you are tk'd a menu pops up on the left hand side of your screen asking you if you want to forgive or not.
                          If it is, that one didn't work. I forgave someone yesterday and they were still slain at the beginning of the next round. Perhaps it's been tweaked since then?
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It started working today.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the forgive/punish option. Doesn't do much good against someone wounding teammates though.

Funny story from a few minutes ago:
                              Guy named Club Med kept injuring someone at every spawn.
                              So this one time he shoots at me but misses because I have my knife out and haul butt asap. So he follows me (back hallway on Office) and shoots me. I stop to type and bitch at him a little and he passes me. The next guy saw it and shot him, then ducked back down the hall. This idiot thinks it was me and shoots me in the head while I'm still typing. Down the hall he runs, the server has me camming him, up pops the option and I choose NO... and he falls over dead right then. ROFL. Didn't help the team much but he's been doing it so screw him right? He left the server immediately. :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...