Testing New Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing New Maps

I've noticed that recently there have been a lot of new map ideas, some of them being approved, others not. When exactly do you test the new maps? Do you just add one at a time and randomly vote to go to them? There are a couple new maps that are on the server I would to play more, example roadhouse. I was what you guys would think of making a second map list rotation and setting one certain day of the week to new maps added to the server. Just an idea.

Bandicoot

Re: Testing New Maps

they get added to the rotation if I approve them and you'll see them as you play. The rotation is random.

- -

Comment

We need to try and only post maps that we think might have a chance on the server alot of the maps being posted have no chance and should not be posted posting 10 maps at a time knocks others post down and they might not get noticed if you know what I mean.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

I still don't see what was wrong about De_Crush.
        "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
        - Sparhawxx

Comment

Roger that plude. I'll only post maps with a yes. I think I just got carried away.
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
            Roger that plude. I'll only post maps with a yes. I think I just got carried away.
            Lol, it's okay I think we all appreciate the work you do reviewing maps.:row__523:

Maybe instead you could make one big thread with a list of all the maps that you tested, and wont work so that people suggesting new maps know if it has been rejected already.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1610 View Post
              Lol, it's okay I think we all appreciate the work you do reviewing maps.:row__523:

Maybe instead you could make one big thread with a list of all the maps that you tested, and wont work so that people suggesting new maps know if it has been rejected already.
              read the sticky in the map suggestions forum please. This is not what i want to see in there.

- -

Comment

I read it, but I dont see what's wrong with keeping a list of all the maps that have been rejected. It would keep maps from being suggested multiple times.

Comment

Lol, it's okay I think we all appreciate the work you do reviewing maps
                  Very True ^ everyone who tests maps should get a map tester ribbon for thier hard work ;)
                  |TG| Plude220

Comment

I read it, but I dont see what's wrong with keeping a list of all the maps that have been rejected. It would keep maps from being suggested multiple times.
                    No it would make it harder to find the maps suggested.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                      No it would make it harder to find the maps suggested.
                      How so? You would think looking through just one long list for a map would be easier then searching through Hundreds of threads for one map.

Comment

well i kinda agree with vulcan on this one:

The easy way to look is just by doing a search. now if we have only one thread per map then the search results should only bring back that thread pls or mins a couple of threads.

but it is nice having all the dfferent threads, IMO it seems cleaner and that the thread is not usually hijacked by other maps so that then all the disussion going on in that thread is ONLY about that map, makes it easyer to explaing stuff short handed when talking about the map, tactics, defenses...ect

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

So the current consensious...

1) Only look at new maps (although I'm having fun looking at the older maps I haven't seen before I won't post them)
                          2) Make one thread for each map suggestion.
                          3) Only post yes maps?????? (or should I post no maps as long as they are new?)
                          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Nah just post the ones that you think would work, and for the love of all things great in this world please no more cs_office maps!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                              Nah just post the ones that you think would work, and for the love of all things great in this world please no more cs_office maps!
                              Lol, that is something I can definitely agree on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X