New server being provisioned...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New server being provisioned...

With the explosion of new members coming in to Tactical Gamer as a result of our hosting of Counter-Strike Source, we have ordered a new server!

I am hoping to see the new machine online within the next 24-36 hours. We will be moving the current Counter-Strike Source server off the machine it is currently sharing with Natural Selection on to the new box. We will also be bringing up a second Source server on this new machine for added capacity.

We have a variety of options with the new machine open to us, such as having one of the Source servers configured as private, for Tactical Gamer members only, and the second as an open "public" server still utilizing the reserved slots. We could also keep them both public utilizing the reserved slots system.

In any case, the new box is on the way. More information will be posted as soon as it becomes available!

Thanks to all of you that have chosen to support Tactical Gamer and helped to make this new server possible.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: New server being provisioned...

Fantastic :icon_eek:
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Outstanding news. As soon as I can sort the cash out, I'll be a paying member :-)

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Wow! Thanks,There is nothing like teamwork.
        DraG

Comment

Many thanks to Apophis for getting this done.

Many thanks to the supporting members who enable Apophis to do it.

Many thanks to the NS players for being patient as we let CS grow on our box.

Start thinking, guys, about whether you want one server private and one server public... or if you want both public. Obviously, the administrators will ultimately decide... but the decision will obviously depend on what the players want.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Excellent news TG. I personally have seen your CS base grow in the short time I have been here. A tribute to your game style, and excellent administration.

Keep up the good work!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Super news!
              I fully expect several more people I know to do the math and choose to pay up before too long.

Kudos to TG for running an excellent server with excellent administration.

The server stayed full last night for quite some time. It was a pleasure to play without getting kicked and to be able to join a "full" server without issue. Ahhh the perks of membership. :)

*Now maybe we could up the player slots to 16 or 18. Nothing big but a couple more*

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Wow, a new server opens up worlds of possibilities... With enough members, maybe we can even eventually have a tourney! :icon3:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Just a quick update.. The physical server is all set and I'm currently setting up the Source engine on it now. I already have a copy of the CS configurations copied over, just waiting for the basic Source install to complete.

This thing should be online within a couple hours MAX.

Comment

Whats the new server IP please?

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                      Whats the new server IP please?

Root
                      Server IP will be 67.19.132.154:27015

If we run a second process of Source it will be 67.19.132.155:27015

It's taking forever to get Source installed, but it should be done pretty soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Many thanks to Apophis for getting this done.

Many thanks to the supporting members who enable Apophis to do it.

Many thanks to the NS players for being patient as we let CS grow on our box.
                        And many thanks to the Admins who keep the server running smoothly so the rest of us can enjoy!
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

My idea... For those of us that currently or are thinking about competing in scrims and leagues...

Private server would be great. Maybe allow memebers to "Schedule" use of the server... I dont currently compete, but have been thinking about it.

I think it would be interesting to see how something like that would work out. Maybe even charge a couple extra bucks to allow members to "schedule" use.
                          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Oh yea, and yay for the NS box! Pings will be back to normal!! WOOT.
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I think a good idea would to have them both be public servers with reserve slots, only have one be stock CS maps and have the other server be custom maps only, with maybe a few stock ones mixed in.... sometimes it gets a little boring playing the same maps all the time. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X