does anybody here map for cs:s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody here map for cs:s?

I was curious if there are any mappers hiding around? I map for cs:s and was thinking of making a jungle type map. If anyone here is interested let me know!

- -

Re: does anybody here map for cs:s?

Oh I'm interested!

Remember de_predator with the trees one could climb and the jungle-like setting?

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
      Oh I'm interested!

Remember de_predator with the trees one could climb and the jungle-like setting?
      That one was good. A single sniper in the trees could cover the double doors, as the CTs couldn't do much more than stick their head out of there to try and see which way the Ts were going... Multiple ways to the two bombsites. The lighting in the forest/jungle part of the map was excellent! A pretty good PCS map, if I remember correctly!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd be up for helping out. I haven't even looked to see how to map in CS:S. I mapped in both BF & & BFV for a while, but haven't had time yet for CS.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

glad to see all the interest. I think a good starting point is to develop a 2-d map. Maybe even devise it from predator. If someone can point me in the direction to a place to look at the predator map and download it, that would be great.

Asch mapping in hammer can be frustrating, i would check out some tutorials on google. http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?b=390 This is the Verc forum which will be your lifeline. There are many tuts on google, even some from original HL are still good in HL2.

We will need some models and any prefabs or props you can find for jungle type environments. I have a terrain generator that we can use for this as well.

- -

Comment

de_predator was a good map, but what was the other map with a similar setting? It was a cs map, and the hostages were in a bamboo cage in a pit, within a walled compound. I actually liked that the best of the jungle maps.

Anyway, this search turns up a bunch for Predator.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

wasn't there also a "predator" in the map?

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                de_predator was a good map, but what was the other map with a similar setting? It was a cs map, and the hostages were in a bamboo cage in a pit, within a walled compound. I actually liked that the best of the jungle maps.

Anyway, this search turns up a bunch for Predator.
                That one's not ringing any bells, Tempus... It was a map we played here?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Of course we played it here. I never played CS anywhere else!! :)

I'm sure someone remembers it... It was a walled compound in the jungle. There were a couple of towers and a small shed or two. To get to the hostages you needed to trip something to open the cage..

Anyone?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

well i've managed to grab some textures and a few models for 3ds, but i don't have 3ds and i suck at modeling, i've never done it before. So i could use some help here with models. I can do anything in photoshop and making the map up in hammer. I just need to find some good models of Trees and fauna.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      ...but what was the other map with a similar setting? It was a cs map, and the hostages were in a bamboo cage in a pit, within a walled compound. I actually liked that the best of the jungle maps.
                      That was damn good too Tempus, for the life of me I can't remember the name though. The bunker, the compound, the caves and the layout in general was awesome, it was one of the better custom maps we ever played that's for sure.

Cs_rambo comes to mind for some reason... I'll look around a bit on jolt, perhaps just seeing the name would ring a bell, it would be great for reference at least too.
                      Last edited by DeRanger; 01-14-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

is this is it by any chance?

http://www.csbanana.com/[email protected]

oops that's the predator file :D

- -

Comment

Yes, that is predator.

Comment

there is this map which i can't check cuz i don't have original cs

http://www.csbanana.com/[email protected]

if that's it get some screenies plz

- -

Comment

I'm afraid that's not it..

I'm confident that Ranger will find it. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X