Out of my mind over this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of my mind over this.

I'm continually crashing to black screen with looping pops and clicks when playing or spectating in CS. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?

Re: Out of my mind over this.

Are all of your video/audio/Direct X drivers up to date?

The Muffin Man

Comment

Yes

Latest Audigy2 and Omega drivers, DX9c...

Comment

sounds like something you may have installed is disrupting your memory. I'd look at your tasks that are running and any new programs you recently installed.

- -

Comment

What has changed since you were running smooth? I'd use Windows XP System Restore to go back to the last time you were having no problems...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have always had this problem to a degree, sometimes I can play for two hours without a glitch and then I will crash three times in a row immediately after trying to join. It has just gotten really bad lately and I'm not doing anything different. I don't know, thanks anyway guys, I don't want to waste any more of your time trying to diagnose my voodoo curse.

Comment

Does it only crash during gameplay (either spectating or playing)? I had an issue like this that was similar and it turned out to be my power supply wasn't powerful enough.

The Muffin Man

Comment

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
                Does it only crash during gameplay (either spectating or playing)? I had an issue like this that was similar and it turned out to be my power supply wasn't powerful enough.
                Yeah, if it's random and only while playing a 3D game, I'd suspect power supply, too. If it's random and it doesn't matter what you're doing, I might check the RAM... There used to be a very popular RAM stress tester out there, Sandra, I think it's called?

You might also want to check temps in your case, on your graphics card and on your CPU. High temps could cause this, too...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There used to be a very popular RAM stress tester out there, Sandra, I think it's called?

Memtest 86 is a well known one. Kinda slow, but it will tell you if your dimms are messed up. Get it here ---> http://www.memtest86.com/

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I have an Enermax 470 watt PS and my system runs flawlessly with literally everything else from Illustrator to DVD Santa to FarCry and Doom3.

MemTest is way too cryptic for me, I'm an idiot. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate it.

I found another set of updated drivers for my Audigy2, installed them and made another bios change with regards to my memory speed (from ddr400 locked to auto). Haven't had a problem yet in a few games so fingers crossed. Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated.

Comment

Well Your DirectX drivers may be the problem. I have had to manual remove them, then installed them again to fix my problem. The last time I ran into a problem I screwed my system up had to put winxp back in:(
                      DraG

Comment

you may also want to look at over heating in your mother board, either a northbridge or some other equivalent unit that controls your agp slot. These overheat quite regularly with newer faster systems. in fact i have to run my system at agp 4x untill i get a cooling unit for mine. It still runs good graphics but doesn't load up stuff in ram quite as fast. I use a program called system mechanic to keep my system maintained and it works quite well, you may want to give it a try. Has just about everything.

www.iolo.com

- -

Comment

I can't be helpful, but I did want to thank everyone else for trying to be so. It's really nice when I see a thread where so many people try to help.. really nice. Great job, guys. It means a lot to people that they have somewhere to come for brainstorming when they're really frustrated.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            I can't be helpful, but I did want to thank everyone else for trying to be so. It's really nice when I see a thread where so many people try to help.. really nice. Great job, guys. It means a lot to people that they have somewhere to come for brainstorming when they're really frustrated.

This is why I enjoy online gamming so much. Its the community support. I learn something new everyday, this is a result of people passing on information, to one another.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X