New version is out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version is out!

Are the servers updated? Do they update on their own?

[-] January 17, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Counter-Strike bots. For a more detailed description, click here.
    Added new bomb defusal map de_tides.
    Updated version of de_cbble to allow bots to navigate ladders.
    Updated version of de_dust2 to allow 40 players.
    Optimization to the way that dynamic props are checked. On higher end CPUs, this can result in more than a 5% total frame rate increase.
    Weapon models are now checked at startup to make sure they are within limits for size.
    Added “motdfile” cvar, which sets the filename for the message of the day on the server.
    Bug fixes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed a bug that would allow a player to throw two flashbangs at once.
    Fixed bug where players would get twice the normal money at the start of a round.
    Updated version of cs_office. Fixes minor issue with projector.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: New version is out!

Hehe, I posted in another thread.... lol
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=26119

I dunno if servers update themselves.
    I would think they'd at least need a restart.

All the map updates and the new stuff makes for the update taking a few minutes... I'm still getting it.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I just went to update them and noticed someone (presumably "The Man") is already working on it. I'm sure that someone will post information here soon.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

LOL.. Server is being updated right now!
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

..And it's taking a looong time to update too..
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Even though the 'time to wait' has never gone below 3 minutes, it has taken over 45 minutes so far, and it's still got 1/4 to go!

GG Steam!!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I was just going to ask if Steam was choking because mine updated a bit of HL2 stuff then quit updating and can't get it to update CSS when I restart Steam. Can see I'm not the only one waiting...

Comment

This is the error message that I got at first:

Then it started to update again:
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yea It's slow It took me 35 minutes to get my CS:S updated. I noticed that alot of servers are still down, it like everyone is trying to update at the same time.
                  DraG

Comment

Whew...I thought it was just me.

I can ping the TG server ~49ms. But nothing listed to connect to in the server selection screen.

Don't forget to restart steam when its done updating.
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by DraG
                      ...it like everyone is trying to update at the same time.
                      Aren't they? :icon12:

Comment

I feel the need to shoot deranger!!! please hurry with the servers.
                        DraG

Comment

I finished the download and played the map for a few. Very nice, and good framerates. We'll see on the gameplay, but the Ts can get to CT spawn in 10 seconds.

Comment

Yep, I was playing with a bunch of idiots a few minutes ago, and they can rush you in the spawn big time.

Then I realised that someone covering the rear could really take care of all them trying to get through the single doorway. One problem is that the CT spawn is one of the bombsites. I guess CT's don't need to go anywahere to cover one site, just hold the fort so to speak.

Beautiful map BTW....holy smokes.
                            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Yeah that is a beautiful map.
                              The freakin bots are good too.
                              I cranked up a little private server and had 6 people against 6 bots.

I got my update right away and it took about 15 minutes. I guess I beat the rush.

EDIT: Still no TG servers? It's almost 11 pm here.
                              Also here is the link for the detailed description of the bots.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...