Lag after update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag after update.

Anyone know that would cause a massive lag increase after the most recent update? I checked Steam support and got nothing. For some reason, I'm not allowed in the forums there so I'm posting here.

I already checked if it was a background process, spyware, bad startup or have to do with Steam/Norton updating in background. I've eliminated them all. I get 100% CPU usage when I play CS:S and 200-300 ping. Its totally unplayable.

I'll now post some specs if they help you:
    Intel 82865G Graphics Controller (Intel Extreme Graphics 2; 96mb)
    SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Pentium 4 Processor.
    I'm playing CS:S on lowest resolution, medium model detail, no shadows...really low in general.

Not sure what else you'll need. Thanks, any help appreciated.

Re: Lag after update.

is your ping that high all the time since the patch? or just when it gets laggy?
    also...are you running Win XP?

Comment

I really can't help you cause I have noticed a lag issue with the TG servers.
      Do you lag on other servers?
      DraG

Comment

Yes. Windows XP Home Edition. I have increased lag all the time since the patch.

Drag, I'll try going to another server and testing lag. (I never play anywhere else).
        Okay, I went to a server with 1 player on de_dust and still got the lag. I did notice a little decrease since I reinstalled the latest driver. Slightly more playable, if the map didn't lag me to begin with.

Comment

i had the same issue nevus last night, dunno what's up, i did see a program in my task manager that was using some cpu but it didn't help. It seems to happen randomnly while playing in a server..

- -

Comment

How do your specs compare to mine? Anything in common like video card or something?

Comment

Steam - Working

Are you sure the lag isnt due to steam being in "working" mode. It does use up the internet. I have been playing CS:S with a crapy 56k connection that runs at 24.0Kbps Because of my slow internet connection I noticed the completely untollerable lag. Before I downloaded the latest CS:S update (the bot one) steam would automatically go out of "working" mode after starting CS:S. Now it stays on though and uses up my intire bandwidth. Untill then I wont be able to play. It really sucks.

*** I just checked the steam monitor. The bot update said it was finished downloading and the Play Game button was available after the download finished, but for some reason the steam monitor shows that only 99% CS:S was acquired. I guess it is downloading the rest of the update in the background. Im still not sure why the update was not 100% though. Maybe a couple of last minute problems they missed. I was still able to play CS:S after the update too...
              Last edited by {THC}BlueBerry; 01-19-2005, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, when I saw Steam in "working" mode, I held off 'till it was done. It still gives me lag but little loss/choke is recorded.

Huh...wish CS:S could work consistently for $60.

Comment

Have you change any of your network settings like cl_update Etc,.?
                  Have you changed any of your drivers setting?
                  Have you updated your directx ?

just trying to get you to think of what else may have happen.
                  DraG

Comment

It could also be due to the fact that tons of people are downloading the latest update. More and more people are buying and playing CS:S everyday. I remember the amount of servers at peak going up 1000 in around 3-4days. When I first tried to download the update I got a error saying the steam servers were to busy. But that still might not be right considering you make your own server and it runs off your connection. I am confused by this and I guess I will leave the Pro's to help. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus

Huh...wish CS:S could work consistently for $60.
                      :icon_lol:

Yeah...

Could be your route and the quality of it to the server also, that's where most of my problems are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X