Commence beating of head to desk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commence beating of head to desk

I Cannot figure out modelling to save my life. I have found some real nice palm trees and few other models in 3ds format. The xsi mod tool that is free with HL2 has a polygon limit of 4,000 so i can't export some of the models and those that i could export anyway run into other problems... Anybody that can handle making some .smd files out of 3ds models? I would really appreciate it or i'm prolly gonna give up on the whole damn thing for awhile. If you need some info post and i'll do what i can...

- -

Re: Commence beating of head to desk

I failed art in 2nd grade. Sorry. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Here is a 3ds script that might work for you.

Comment

We might want to start by creating maps using the current models and see how that turns out and then move towards our own models.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

don.mac what is that script for?

asch you want a copy of the hammer file to work on yourself?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
            asch you want a copy of the hammer file to work on yourself?
            When I get done traveling so much for work, I want to help out with mapping. I'm just relating my past experiences from mapping in Battlefield. I tried to do too much that I didn't know how. I took a step back and was able to make some interesting maps using the basics, then slowly add on new things I learned.

Don't take my comment the wrong way, I applaud your effort.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

i actually have a basics map that i'm going to release real soon. So i'm moving on to more advanced things now! :)

- -

Comment

The script can export a 3ds model directly to .smd format. It can even handle animations. I found it on the Verc forums a while back but haven't really used it yet. It should be useful.

Comment

for what program don? is it used in XSI mod tool?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                    for what program don?
                    It's for 3ds. I don't think you would need to use XSI at all.

Comment

ok i don't have 3ds :( i was downloading some models from a couple sites that were in 3ds format. I have a problem with to many polygons and i can't seem to use the tools to reduce them. So i'm thinking if there is someone who can edit models pretty well i can send some 3ds models out. XSI mod tool has a 4000 polygon limit so i'm hitting brick walls left and right.

- -

Comment

Is the polygon count limitation just present in XSI or does the source engine itself have this limitation? I do have 3ds and if you could somehow send me these models I would be happy to convert them to .smd format and send them over to you just to see if it would work. If the polygon count remains to be the problem I could also try to reduce it.

Comment

it's a limitation of XSI i believe, I will send you the models anyway and see what you can do? just drop me an email [email protected]

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X