Guns guns guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns guns guns

Is there any way to edit the weapons in CS? I was thinking that the CT's really should have the silenced version of the MP5, especially for hostage maps, but I have no idea if you can do that sort of thing.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Guns guns guns

It can be done but requires editing a file contained within one of the compressed gcf files and changing hit power, etc. I seriously this will ever happen here and I'm sure it doesn't happen on too many other servers.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
      It can be done but requires editing a file contained within one of the compressed gcf files and changing hit power, etc. I seriously this will ever happen here and I'm sure it doesn't happen on too many other servers.
      That's fair enough. If anyone knows any websites that explain (in idiot terms) how it's done, I might make a long term project of it and offer the results up to the group. Of course if the idea gets shot down at this stage, I'll just shut up and soldier :-)

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Until your post, Root, i was under the impression that there was no silencer available for the mp5, so to point that out and look incredibly clever i took googling to prove that that was the case.

However, i found you're quite right, there is such a thing. Not only that i found a nice little video of one on Heckler&Koch's site;

MP5

i was also amazed that it'll come out of water sopping wet and still fire quite happily too!

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
          Until your post, Root, i was under the impression that there was no silencer available for the mp5, so to point that out and look incredibly clever i took googling to prove that that was the case.

However, i found you're quite right, there is such a thing. Not only that i found a nice little video of one on Heckler&Koch's site;

MP5

i was also amazed that it'll come out of water sopping wet and still fire quite happily too!
          Standard issue for SO19 and other armed police units in the UK. I was debating with someone the other night as to whether its the MP5SD or the MP5K is the silenced version. Regardless it would be great to mod the CT MP5 only, so that hostage rescues could be more stealthy.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It would definitely be nice to have another silenced weapon or two, the MP5 is a goody too, I just don't know how it would work-out here but keep plugging the idea because I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
              Standard issue for SO19 and other armed police units in the UK. I was debating with someone the other night as to whether its the MP5SD or the MP5K is the silenced version. Regardless it would be great to mod the CT MP5 only, so that hostage rescues could be more stealthy.

Root
              SD is the common designation for a suppressive device (silencer).

I'm puzzled by this whole thread, though. CT's have the Schmidt, T's have the MAC, both fairly well suppressed. If you go about muzzling the MP5, to be realistic it's ballistics are going to be roughly equivalent to the tmp, so why bother?

Comment

That's interesting. Any idea of what actual percentage the power loss would be, Gooshy?

Comment

Can I get a silencer for my Deagle???
                  DraG

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                    That's interesting. Any idea of what actual percentage the power loss would be, Gooshy?
                    Actually...yes. ;) It depends on the type of suppressor used:

"The MP5SD is the sound-suppressed version of the MP5. The barrel has been ported and surrounded by a tubular casing. Escaping gases are diverted through the barrel's ports to drop the bullet's velocity below the sonic level before it leaves the muzzle. The muzzle blast's sound level is drastically reduced by a helix within the casing, which increases the gas volume and decreases its temperature. While quiet and easy to maintain, the MP5SD drops the bullet's velocity so low that it will often fail to defeat body armor, as the wound ballistics potential is reduced to little more than that of a .380 ACP round. As a consequence, sound suppressors of the muzzle type (which do not degrade the projectile's velocity) are also frequently attached to a non-suppressed MP5 by means of the barrel's three lugs or by threading the muzzle."

Now, the screw-on type (like we see on the M4), as the man said, don't do that. I've looked for, but couldn't find, references to the SOCOM MP5 modeled in Rainbow Six. I was pretty sure they had that fairly accurate, and it was sweet - nice ballistics and all you could really hear was the bolt cycling.

Anyway, I personally think the submachine guns are pretty well balanced. The TMP seems a little weaker but a little more controllable than the MAC, and both sides can buy all the others, so........

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X