Teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak

Whoa - I'm on a bit of a roll with the thread starting tonight :-)

Did I read correctly somewhere, that supporting members get access to the teamspeak server, or is that an extra charge?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Teamspeak

I believe the teamspeak server is available to "registered" members. You may register with the site which it looks like you've done.

TeamSpeak thread
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

We need to get some CS:S people in there.
      Every time I check the TS status so I can join and get registered there are no names I recognize...

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Once I sort out a mic I'll be sure to haul ass into the server

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
          We need to get some CS:S people in there.
          Every time I check the TS status so I can join and get registered there are no names I recognize...
          Look for anyone with an "SA" at the end of their names. Right now that should be Luna or myself. Either one of us can hook you up with registration rights.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

ok this might sound like a dumb question - how / where do i connect to the TS server? I got a cheap headset and I've been told the sound quality is pretty good in CS.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
              ok this might sound like a dumb question - how / where do i connect to the TS server? I got a cheap headset and I've been told the sound quality is pretty good in CS.

Root
              If you click on the "Teamspeak Status" link on the left side of the TG homepage, it'll give you the IP and tell you who's on the TS server.

I was going to say not to bother with TS for CounterStrike, but the voice quality in CS is pretty horrible...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've considered dropping voicecomm from our CSS server until SPEEX comes along and promoting people into our TS server (with two channels for CSS) in the meantime. But I just can't convince myself it would be worth the headache.

It's very dampening on the fun factor of a team-based game when you can't understand your team.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I would not be in support of such a move at this point.. There are too many new players coming into the server who would effectively be cut off.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

voice quality is rather crappy if you've been playing on the NS server with speex, but after awhile you get used to it and you can usually understand most people. or at least i can.

Comment

I've been told my new mic / headset is pretty clear in CSS. Any UK players should pop into argos and pay 17 for a labtec set.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, were you playing as king root blah blah blah? Yeah, your mike was working quite well.

Some nice rounds last night as a T.....

Comment

That's king root of gibberishland to you mister :-)

Just ignore the various dellusions of granduer since I got made an admin. It's the same old megelomaniac me underneath!

Yes, there were some pretty good rounds last night. There was a particulalry hard fought round of italy 9-8 to T's in the end. It's just a shame some ppl play on our server and whilst they don't rush the offensive team spawn, they don't do anything to back up their team. There were quite a few of them on last night. Oh well.

Tonight, for your entertainment, Root deity extrordinaire will be performing on the CS server. Feats include catching bullets and locating grey using only the power of the force.

I have no work tomorrow so this'll be a late one :-)

Root

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the console"
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've gotten used to using TS for chitchat and the in game voice for communicating with teammates only.
                            Anyone who's mic is set up properly and can talk in TS is understandable in game.
                            One major issue if we were to have two channels for CS:S is that you have to Alt-Tab out to change channels if you change sides for the next map.

I'd also like to point out that players need to let an admin know if someone is spamming the voice chat. If the spammer is on the other team we can't hear it... and if we are in spectator mode we can't hear ANY voice chat.
                            Berzerker asked me to do something a couple of nights ago. It was a bit late in the round but I muted one of the offenders. We admins can and will mute someone if he or she is causing trouble.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                              We admins can and will mute someone if he or she is causing trouble.
                              <scurries off to have another look at @help>

I've notice some ppl voice spamming but we seem to be luckier than other servers. Maybe its just I come and go before they turn up.

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...