Off topic question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic question

I've been looking at buying joint ops as it's supported by TG. I checked out some of the threads and I know I have to get the expansion pack too. Does my membership cover reserved slots on other TG games? Probably another silly question by root, but hey :-)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Off topic question

The silly part of the question is why you would want JO? LOL. Save your money and wait for Battlefield 2.... but that's for another forum.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
      I've been looking at buying joint ops as it's supported by TG. I checked out some of the threads and I know I have to get the expansion pack too. Does my membership cover reserved slots on other TG games? Probably another silly question by root, but hey :-)

Root
      I don't think our JO server has ever been full. The nature of the game allows for much larger teams...

And Asch brings up a good point. At this point in time, you might be better off waiting for the "next big game" that TG supports, which will probably be BF2 in just a few months...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah BF2 looks fantastic from what I've seen. Plus I'll have my copy early as I work in the trade :-)

Ok I'll pass on JO then. I was just thinking I should play something other than CS, and I can't get generals to create an online account.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

NS is a lovely game.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I second NS. If you like teamwork, you'll probably like NS.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

ns is free. server hasnt been as active lately but people still play and it'll change soon

Comment

Many distractions exist presently for the NS regulars, including helping the new CSS servers thrive.

It's nice to see the regulars of one game within this community helping the growth of another game.

Also, beta 6 is just around the corner (a la eight months away).
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Remember Wyz when your original mantra on the NS server was "Remember, it's just a beta..." or something like that? ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X