Clarifying some rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifying some rules

After reflecting upon some of the events on one of the CS:S servers tonight I thought it might be a good idea to just point out some rules in the interests of clarity.

Originally posted by Apophis
    What is OBJECTIVE Orientation?

"...once the opposing team has their objective I.E. running away with hostages or bomb has been planted, all boundaries are removed."

"From the offensive side, this means planting the bomb as quickly as possible AND guarding it after planting."

"I've also seen too many people not rescuing hostages because the noise will give them away. They are afraid to die for their mission, and are not willing to let their backs get opened up to enemy fire while running away with the hostages. Their excuse is "I can't rescue if I'm dead". TOO DAMN BAD. We respect those that try to complete the mission, not those that won't risk it to defuse a ticking bomb or risk dying by rescuing hostages."
    At one point I was a little bit more than agitated, but right now I just want to point out these things (especially the first one) so people can keep them in mind whether they are just playing by the rules or enforcing them. Thank you.

Re: Clarifying some rules

Those aren't rules, they're guidelines.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I agree with you on the Objective. I'm quick to clear out ever hall and corner myself, but that not much different than DM. We have to be more focused on the objective not the killing of the other team. I don't agree with you on the rushing part. There is no place for rushing in a TG server period. I think I'm quick to what to rush on offense myself. Rushing on Offense has got to stop. It would be like the Offense on a football team hiking the ball before the defense could get on the field. That just my point of view.
      DraG

Comment

Originally posted by DraG
        I agree with you on the Objective. I'm quick to clear out ever hall and corner myself, but that not much different than DM. We have to be more focused on the objective not the killing of the other team. I don't agree with you on the rushing part. There is no place for rushing in a TG server period. I think I'm quick to what to rush on offense myself. Rushing on Offense has got to stop. It would be like the Offense on a football team hiking the ball before the defense could get on the field. That just my point of view.
        :icon_lol:

Comment

I agree. If you look at Aztec, its a basic DM if there's too many pubbies on the server.

I left the server a couple nights ago for the rest of the night as I was too riled up to play with a good attitude anymore. I needed a timeout.

Its nice to slow down and take the time to come up with a good plan, then make your play. ie. multiple fireteams, distractions, etc.

On Aztec if the T team is so inclined they can easily beat the CT's to the site, and plant before they even get there to defend it. Leaving the CT's the very difficult task of even getting into the site area through the small opening at the doors near the bomb site or going around the other way to put up a good fight.

Maybe we are just getting some burnout from the limitied number of maps....we know what works and what doesn't so we do it over and over again....and that to me is becoming a bit of a DM.
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
            Maybe we are just getting some burnout from the limitied number of maps....we know what works and what doesn't so we do it over and over again....and that to me is becoming a bit of a DM.
            I think this is partially the problem. I think the other problem is which maps we are playing... Finding maps that are conducive to the PCS playstyle is not the easiest thing in the world. There's a reason why Rio, Museum, Roadhouse, and others became PCS favorites: the maps were set up in such a way as to allow for a variety of tactics to be used. Aztec doesn't allow for this. It's either bridge, double doors, water, or a combination of these... That's it. The CTs can easily shift their defenses to cover any of the three routes, so it comes down to simple deathmatch firefights.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i agree it's all about the maps, Some of them should be taken out because they do not conform to good pcs play. I'm working on hard on getting the jungle map going so we can start incorporating a PCS style of play to it. I'd like to have it so we can all jump on it and give feed back as to where things should go. I'll upload a bsp once i have a good environment built.

- -

Comment

My post was not supposed to be about rushing but I can now see why you might think it was. I was not clear and I should have been. My only thoughts were:

1) Players should not be punished for crossing established boundaries or running through the terrorist spawn when they are trying to get to the bombsite after the bomb has been planted.

2) Offensive players should not let time run out. They should complete their objective or die in the process. I'm not saying it's bad to use the timer to your advantage, but when you let it run out and your team loses anyway you have only succeeded in wasting the time of the other players.

As for rushing, I have no strong opinions on offensive team rushing.

Vulcan: I sent you an email a while back about the 3ds models but I'm not sure if you got it. If I can still be of help you can send the 3ds files to [email protected] and I will see what I can do.

Also, speaking of maps, has anyone heard anything about a cs_militia for source?

Comment

Don I agree with point #2 and admins will certainly handle the situation where the offensive team is just wasting time.

As for point #1 I can't think of any situation on any map where a CT, while in a defensive position, might hear "the bomb has been planted" and the best way to get to the bombsite would involve going through the T spawn. That would be a pretty bizarre map.

Comment

sending you an email don, thanks i did not recieve your first email.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                      As for point #1 I can't think of any situation on any map where a CT, while in a defensive position, might hear "the bomb has been planted" and the best way to get to the bombsite would involve going through the T spawn. That would be a pretty bizarre map.
                      While the CT's may not need to go through the T spawn, they may need to cross the "guide" lines established for when the bomb is not planted.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                        Just off the top of my head, in dust2, if you're guarding long A from the end of the hallway, and you hear the bomb has been planted at B, I can think of a couple of routes that are roughly equal. There's back to A, then to B. There's through the two sets of double doors, then down the ramp, and to b either through the building or up the long ramp from CT spawn. Or, there's through T spawn.

But I think Don's point was more "running close to T spawn, crossing our established PCS boundaries".

Comment

I can see what you mean in that scenario altough I personally much prefer to guard "long A" by being closer to the bombsite and not down the hall and round the corner, and you shouldn't still be there if your teammates are dying at the other bombsite. You should proabably have fallen back by then.

However, the bottom line is that even if you discover yourself in a poor position when the bomb is planted you need to rally to the bombsite as best you can to help your team defuse the bomb.

Comment

I agree that the terrorist spawn is not the fastest route to take on most if not all maps, but you can only make that judgment when you are familiar with the map. On new maps, de_tides for instance, not everyone will know the "best" routes to take or they might not really know the map at all. When your team is alive this probably won't matter because you can just follow them, but when you are one of the few survivors you might have to get there by yourself. In any case, taking a longer route due to bad judgment or being unfamiliar with a map should result in someone saying "hey, you should have gone through x place." You should not be subjected to admin punishment because it is clearly specified that there are no boundaries under the previously described conditions. This is assuming the person is actually trying to get to the bombsite rather than trying to hide or hunt down enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by DON.MAC
                              In any case, taking a longer route due to bad judgment or being unfamiliar with a map should result in someone saying "hey, you should have gone through x place." You should not be subjected to admin punishment...
                              If someone doesn't know the map and they're the last one alive on their team, I doubt that they'll be subjected to admin punishment for that regardless of other circumstances...

We really aren't nazis...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X