Team work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team work

There was a total lack of team work tonight, and its really disappointing that a number of TG members were involved. We had people rushing off like it was a deathmatch server, no one answering calls for backup, and every time I asked what the plan was I got completely ignored.

Not really my idea of PCS.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Team work

Did everyone get banned?
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

No-one got kicked, banned or even told off. There were other admins on, and if they're not going to support me, it seems pointless for me to say anything. If i work against the other admins, I'm not going to be one for very long am I?

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Every rose has its thorn. :)

Let's see if a pattern emerges. If not, just chalk it up as a bad night.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was on... and am still on...
          I know we had some idiots but I don't know what you're talking about.
          We had some great game tonight, and some not so great game. I had to bail to spectator mode and ended up staying there while I dealt with a few guys.
          After that we gamed and had a blast... you and me and others on Italy... it was great.
          To exactly what are you referring?

Perhaps this should be moved to admin forums?

We have a constant and steady influx of public players that need to be dealt with.
          These people are more than likely used to DM style play.
          We are there to either set them straight or make them gone.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I am sorry to here you were so unhappy with tonights gameplay. I came here after my game to praise everyone on what a great time I had tonight. So needless to say I was surprised to see your post. Besides the odd guy not familiar with the server I found the games excellent. As for people not responding to the back up call. I do remember you saying something about that. Personally, I had a great time with the regular crowd. Apparently I was afk when you found it really bad. Maybe as a admin you should voice your displeasure in the console. This may convince people to fall in line. I hope it works out better for you next time.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Well, on the maps issue hopefully more will be coming down the pipe soon so we can start playing some new ones.

I also started learning Hammer, which seems really easy BTW. I htink its a lot more friendly than the old one for the first HL.

I made a small indoor room for CS:Source with a couple spawns for each team and ran around it a bit. Similar to the online tutorial. It was easy and only took a few minutes.

I'm going to start trying to build a project map to play with and make more complicated.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Good luck with that.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ghost are you planning to do a bomb or hostage map? My preference seems to have changed of late. Italy, office and havana are pretty much my favourites maps, although aztec is still cool.

Just my 2 cents (not sure what that would be in sterling!)

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There were a few rounds where the team work wasn't so great. The score would end up 9-0. I remember Root asking for a plan but no one really had one. The Defensive team was playing pretty strong.

What I've noticed is that the terrorists with a team working together was almost unstoppable on any map. For bomb defuse maps, the CTs have to split up to protect two sites that aren't necessarily near each other. When the T's must protect the hostages, they are all usually within yards of each other. Makes for the T's advantage.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought I might help out with the jungle map....

But, I want to play around and see what I can do myself as well. I can't think of any really good maps for CS.

I was thinking about redoing some of the RavenShield Maps I liked instead of re-inventing the wheel.

I like hostage maps too, I think they allow for better PCS play. But in the case of bomb maps if I was doing the mapping I could put the CT's to spawn at the bomb sites right from the start.
                      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Well do you really have to split up to protect a site? Just pick a site and move as a team.
                        DraG

Comment

Originally posted by DraG
                          Well do you really have to split up to protect a site? Just pick a site and move as a team.
                          You do if you want eyes and guns at both sites; if not, you obviously don't. People view it differently. Me, I don't care - if somebody actually bothers to say "stick together", I'll do it. If not, I tend to go to the unprotected/least protected site. Or, if a T on a bomb map, I always try to stick with the bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by DraG
                            No, they don't have to. But if they pick the wrong site, it's very difficult to run the distance, take out the defending terrorists and defuse the bomb in time. When I've been on a CT team that has tried this, we've only rarely been successful... and that's because some of the T's went off hunting.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                              No-one got kicked, banned or even told off. There were other admins on, and if they're not going to support me, it seems pointless for me to say anything. If i work against the other admins, I'm not going to be one for very long am I?

Root
                              If you've been trusted enough to be made admin, you've also been trusted enough to pipe up when you feel the need arises.

Maybe if there were a hard and fast rule to refer to....
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X