AFK Bomber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK Bomber

Manually searched through 5 pages, afk is too short to use the search feature.
    I'm sure this is discussed somewhere. Sorry for not being able to find it.

What do we do if the bomber is afk?
    When an admin is present I've heard we are to report it immediately and he/she will boot the bomber.
    When an admin is not present I've heard that it's supposed to go into 'killhunt' mode for terrorists, is CT supposed to be told of this since the objective of the T's is to kill instead of plant? (just kill and hope the bomber returns)

Thanks.

h2o.AvA

Re: AFK Bomber

Nope. Don't do anything. An AFK bomber will give automatically give the bomb after about one minute. Never go into kill hunt mode unless EVERYONE knows that the bomb is UNREACHABLE.
    :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
    |
    |
    .\__\
    ...../

Comment

so t's don't do anything, just wait in spawn till bomb drops?

Comment

yep.

|
        |
        .\__\
        ...../

Comment

ultima, you should know that the bomb never actually drops though. I have never seen it drop after one minute... just a thought, what I would do, is tell the other team that the bomb is unreachable, and have an admin slay the person ( if available) or, just tell them to have a regular deathmatch style game...
          Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence in ALL We Do!

United States Air Force ROTC Det. 590 UNC-Chapel Hill

Instructor of the infamous TGU CS:S Division! Semper Fi
          If you are interested in TGU Please

sigpic

Comment

The bomb does drop after 45 seconds... if the mod is still in place for that. I have seen it many times.. and if he doesn't come back after a couple of minutes, you can do a one-shot TK with a sniper to the head.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

The bomb has always dropped when i've been around. Maybe they changed that.

|
              |
              .\__\
              ...../

Comment

It has not been working as of late.

Comment

Yeah, it has not been working lately just today I had an afk bomber that I thought would have the bomb dropped after 45 seconds, I waited 3 minutes and had to shoot him in the head with a scout.

Comment

As far as I know, the only time it goes into death match mode is when the bomb is unreachable. At no time do you go into "Killhunt" mode. If it is turned into death match, you must still play as a team and communicate.

Anyway, if the bomber is afk, then you still play. Usually if this happens you should just attempt to do some recon/picking here and there. If the bomber doesn't return after a little while.... I don't know, you could get a ct to come kill him and then fall back or something. That is really up to the two teams to decide in my opinion... unless one of the admins has something specific that should be done.
                    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

For me an AFK bomber gets several minutes. There is plenty of time to let him get back to his computer as ocassionally something might come up that pulls you away. If after 3-4 min, the bomber gets the boot.

The only time I ever go into kill hunt game play is if the bomb is dropped and it gets wedged into something or dropped into a unreachable place. Doesnt happen often, but it does.
                      Meat Drapes
                      -[OIJ]-
                      Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X