Welcome to Wild Card =D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Wild Card =D

Well, ever since I got CS:Source, which was the day HL released, I have only played on 1 server, which was tactical gamer's server. Aboslutly LOVE the gameplay and tactics.

I was playing last night, and managed to get behind enemy lines (so to speak) in cs_office and was in the process of saving 2 hostages when I got disconnected from the reserve slots. Something that happens to me very often. Too bad though. Those playing should recall, 9v, Tempus, Drag, and others. Couldnt get back in unfortunatly.

Anyways, I was talking to Tempus on CS if Tactical Gamer had any luck getting cs_twilight to work, he had no idea. Twilight is a larger version of office, and resembles the officer map found in Rainbow Six: Black Thorn.

I was also wondering if tactical gamer had their own CS map on the server rotation. Tempus told me no because they dont have a mapper.

Well, to thee I offer my services. I've been told the idea was a remake of cs_shadow, to which I've never played. While I havent actually released anything for the source engine, and its been a while since I made anything for the original, the editor and level designing for both is almost the same. You can check out my profile if you want at Snarkpit.com ( http://www.snarkpit.com/users.php?name=Wild%20Card ) I am by far not the greatest mapper, as I am shadows by such as Orpheus, ReNo, Leperous, KungFuSquirrel, and others. But I am also not a bad one. I dont do kill boxes filled with flashy colours.

So yea, if you guys are interested, I can hook you guys up with something. To which the tactics of the level can be tested on the server.

And on a final note, Hello everyone!

Wild Card

Re: Welcome to Wild Card =D

Well, welcome to TacticalGamer! Vulcan and others are starting work on a map for TG already, but I'm sure the more the merrier... Or not? I dunno, I guess it depends on how you work...

Anyway, glad to see a new face in the forums!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It's great that people are interested in making maps with our server in mind. One thing I'd like to see is a map where the offensive team can approach from almost any angle and could travel 360 degrees around the objective before engaging the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
        It's great that people are interested in making maps with our server in mind.
        Agreed. Welcome.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yes, Vulcan and I are beginning work on the Jungle map that he created a basemap for the other day. He emailed it to me today, and we are figuring out what we'll do right now. I'd like to redo the "Rambo" map, complete with hossies in pits in the ground, and a terrorist encampment with multiple entrances, maybe a cave, some water...

I have been playing with Hammer to learn my way around it, and have gotten a lot of the basics figured out. ie. Doors, breakable glass, water, skybox's, spawn areas, buy areas static props, physics props

We should be getting something together playable soon.
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I found some tutorials on Hammer that I've been taking. Here they are. Don't wanna be patronizing but I just thought they were really good and could help.

Comment

Snarkpit has some really good ones too.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

You wouldn't have played any other games would you Wild Card? I recognize the name...

Comment

a larger version of Office...? Just the thought makes me dribble like a mad camel eating a pickled onion.

Welcome! Wild Card!

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                    You wouldn't have played any other games would you Wild Card? I recognize the name...
                    I have played America's Army, I play Rogue Spear on zone.com often, although not a whole lot anymore, did a little Star Trek Elite Force and a few other games, such as Infantry Online (back when it was free). Of course, however the name Wild Card is a popular one. I doubt I am the only one to bear the name.

And yes, for any Half-Life or Half-Life 2 mapping resources, NOTHING beats Snarkpit.

I'd be interested in creating a map from scratch, given a theme and whatnot, Im just usually horible at thinking up ideas.

Anyways, *heads off for CS:S*

-Wild Card

Comment

Heya Wild Card!

Glad you found TG! You may see me around the network of mapping and Verc, I've been working on getting alot of things customized in hammer. As ghost said we currently have a terrain for a Jungle Map, if your interested in working on it, that would be awesome, THIS IS A HUGE PROJECT. There are alot of things i wanna implement into this map and it will probably be a big map, not something you wanna download from the server.. It's going to be a Pure PCS map. Once we get a base map formed we're going to start having TG members play and give feedback for their ideas of good pcs things to do in the map. Here is a task list

Task List:
                      1. Convert Jungle type models for use in hammer (i'm pretty close with Lightwave but not quite there yet, spent 2 weeks on this so far)
                      2. Create trees and flora brush in the map to fill up, Immersion is important and a jungle has alot of depth..
                      3. create a custom jungle skybox. (i'm working on this currently and it's almost done)
                      4. Level Design - I'm going to take a sky picture of the level (top down) and start plotting in 2-d how the layout will go. That will be posted for everyone to see.

These are alot to do and we've just barely begun. The models are being a pain because i'm importing free models from sites that are perfect and trying to convert them. Using LW8 currently, I can't stand mod tool.

So please feel free to jump into this and take a slice!

- -

Comment

Vulcan, how long before the base map is converted to Source?

Comment

i'm not using the cs_shadow map, that can't really be converted. It's being recreated. right now we have terrain and some models (still working on getting textures to show up).

- -

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                            a larger version of Office...? Just the thought makes me dribble like a mad camel eating a pickled onion.
                            *roflmao* 9 that was a headshot of a comment :-) Great seeing you on here wildcard. Had some good games where you were on the server!

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...