No announcement yet.

What's your favorite map on the server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite map on the server?

Ok guys, what's your favorite? Tell us what and why. :icon3:
    de_aztec
    13.04%
    de_chateau
    0.00%
    de_cobble
    0.00%
    de_dust2
    0.00%
    cs_havana
    8.70%
    de_inferno
    0.00%
    cs_italy
    26.09%
    cs_office
    39.13%
    de_piranesi
    4.35%
    de_prodigy
    8.70%

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: What's your favorite map on the server?

can I pick 3 ? Italy, office and havana. If I have to narrow it down to 1, it'd be office because we usually have some kick ass fights on there.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

italy office.. and after last night with my 34-4 lol... that one where the doors open and close randomly ever round.. the hostage map.. i forget the name..
      -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
      "Real Me Scout"
      Pronunciation: 'skaut
      Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
      1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
      2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
      3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
      4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
      5 : headshot

Comment

Go office, go!

Comment

I'd have to say aztec, as it brings back old memories of CS on WON and I've personally had the most teamwork on that map when playing PCS under CSS.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Forgive me if I don't know map names.

1. Aztec: I like the smaller map that is 'open'. Several ways for the offensive team to go, plenty of cover, allows for several statagies (rush dd's, rush bridge, sneak through water, camp and wait then slowly 'move and cover' to the objective, etc).

2. Italy (I think that's the name, has hostages in the little house in the corner): If you ever play a round with me you'll see I love to snipe and the long coridor is great. Also, I can sneak up across the bridge and snipe from that corner as well. This allows me to provide cover for guys who are running up the hall etc.

3. Office: Another smaller map but more confined. This one allows me to pick up an automatic and attempt to kill something (attempt being the key word since I don't think I've ever actually killed anyone on this map *gasp*)

4. no idea of the name (big map, bomb site b is to the left of spawn, site a is to the right (long a, short a, middle, site b hallway, etc)): Another map that allows me to snipe. There's nothing like covering site A with a scount from behind the barrells. Just pick'em off as they come around the corner.

btw, if I never play on the nukes map again it'll still be too soon :D Not that I'm disgruntled or anything.

~furin
            ~Furin
            ~www.imageofself.com
            ~Tilde's are your friend~

Comment

Originally posted by EssenceOfJudas
              italy office.. and after last night with my 34-4 lol... that one where the doors open and close randomly ever round.. the hostage map.. i forget the name..
              i figured the name out.. havana.. ;)
              -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
              "Real Me Scout"
              Pronunciation: 'skaut
              Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
              1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
              2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
              3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
              4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
              5 : headshot

Comment

I think right now my favorite is Havana.
                The changing approaches make for some great ingress routes and as T you never know for sure which approach to watch.

Number two would have to be Office. Great map. Good hallway shootouts. Love to play either team.

Italy. Sometimes seems impossible as CT (although I usually auto-assign and get T) but it's a good feeling to sneak in close and rescue.

Nukes is pretty fun but many don't have it so it's often a 2on2 or 3on3 in the early rounds.

I like the looks of that Congo map but I dunno yet if we're considering it.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Office
                  Havana
                  Aztec

Although Scoop has me looking at de_contra, and this may turn out to be a new fav!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I picked Italy first, but Office was a close second, followed by Aztek.

Italy is a very difficult map for CTs, but when they are able to pull it off, there is no greater satisfaction. A lot of teamwork on the Ts side as well.

I actually like most of the maps. Chateau is the only one I reall hate. I find Havana dull sometimes, though.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      Italy is a very difficult map for CTs, but when they are able to pull it off, there is no greater satisfaction.
                      Totally agree. I so enjoy rescuing the hostages on italy.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

de_prodigy! There's two choke points that usually break or make the game. However, even though each one is usually preffered for a certain bombsite, they each have a fork in the road to allow a change of plans. Add in the vent system and for a map its size it just got very complex. One on one on this map is always fun, with the right person.

Comment

It'll be no surprise to some of you that Office got my vote....and what was no surprise to me was to see poor old Piranesi with none. Not a sausage.

In fact i feel so sorry for it now i wish i could go back and change my choice!

i was going to ask why people don't like Piranesi here, but rather than hijack this thread i'll start another;

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...272#post138272

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X