Video settings never save past CS:S exit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video settings never save past CS:S exit

If this is the wrong forum I apologize, but the settings issue involves CS:S, so maybe someone here would be better suited to answer it.

This is a new build, it's been up for about two weeks now. Basically my video settings will not save. None of the files in my cfg folder are set to read-only. I go into Options, Video tab and set all of my advanced options to high (my resolution does stay where I set it) but when I close the game and go back in, they revert to low. I'm just setting them to where it recommends, because Source is telling me that setting them to High is recommended, as made evident by an asterisk. I would like to use all the computer power I can (E8400 dual core 3.0, 9800gt 512mb, 4gb ram, Vista x64 Ultimate). I've searched this forum and the Internet for autoexec help, but couldn't find anything to make it always stay where I want it. Thank you for any help.

Re: Video settings never save past CS:S exit

Mine would sometimes do that if I didnt have the same resolution on my desktop vs. the game... Probably not really a great solution but It has happened to me a couple of times.

Other than that.... maybe try updating DirectX and make sure CS is running Dx9 or w/e.... .not sure.
    Dizlor

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all different resolutions and it happens with all of them. The resolutions stay the same after I apply, exit, and restart the game. How can I make sure directx is updated? CS:S does say in the video advanced settings that hardware and software being ran is dx9.0. I have the correct driver on my graphics card, verified by a friend of mine who is good with this stuff and works at a computer shop.

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/B...n&categoryid=2

Check back here every now and then and grab the newest end-user runtime version (12/5/2008)
        Dizlor

Comment

Try typing this in console: mat_savechanges

Also what is on your command line when you start the game? You can find that under CSS properties. Somethings (like switching the DX level) will restart your settings when you fire up CSS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X