Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Changing

Friends,
    I have noticed lately a lot of people like changing their names in the middle of the game. I know it is fun, however I just wanted to post because it makes it very difficult to call plans and communicate when i lose track of who everyone is (especially when 3-4 people do it). Could I ask a favor and at least try to refrain doing so on Lockdown nights, since it is supposed to be Professional play?
    Thanks,
    -f1o- Turbo |TG|

Re: Name Changing

First of all, I don't see it happening a lot in serious gameplay. It usually happens when the server is half-full and you're unable to produce any really complex plans. Second, it shouldn't be much of a problem. If you know who they are, call out their "real" name. If you don't, then call out whatever name they have. It shouldn't affect your planning too much. It's really not that different from finding yourself on a team that's full of people you hve yet to play with.

Of course, there are sometimes players who are especially good at something, and you want to know who they are so you can assign them to spots where they are most useful, but in the end, they usually end up in those roles anyway.

Comment

different names are cool, keeps you on your toes and allows people freedom of... names!

- -

Comment

My name is Inigo Montoya, You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Comment

Originally posted by suid View Post
          My name is Inigo Montoya, You killed my father. Prepare to die.
          Stop saying that!
          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
            Stop saying that!

Perhaps, do you have six fingers on your right hand?

As for the name changing I like when we used to do theme name changes and everyone picked names from the same movie or TV show...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I love that you guys all know that movie. My buddy made up a song based on that movie, it's fun to sing.

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
              As for the name changing I like when we used to do theme name changes and everyone picked names from the same movie or TV show...LOL!
              Like when I had my name as Clefairy for a while and then everyone started changing their names to pokemon names.

Comment

I love that you guys all know that movie. My buddy made up a song based on that movie, it's fun to sing.
                Seriously one of the best movies of all time.

one of my favorites from that movie:

"Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you."

"Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship."

LOL
                Dizlor

Comment

i love changing my name... i use about 3 different one's. Too bad suid ALWAYS knows who i am...
                  :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                  |
                  |
                  .\__\
                  ...../

Comment

I just want to save or blow up the world. I don't want to figure out if Mary is Sue and Sally used to be Nancy 3 minutes ago.

Just takes a few extra seconds to figure out their strengths and weakness' but I can try to keep it going the best I can. We will concooor!!

FUN FUN

Comment

I can understand both sides. If you do a search for skylark on game tracker (on the TG server), you'll find more skylark's then you can shack a stick at, even if you remove our icelandic skylark. I was changing my name a LOT for a while, but it usually involved my name or some obvious version SkyDEAD or whatever.

Knowing who someone really is lets you plan better if you know their strengths and weaknesses. I would know to put Pyro alone in front because I want to punish him for sniping me all the time, for instance. (hmmm, maybe that's a bad example).

Overall, I don't care. It's fun to have different names. But I also like to know who I'm team killing, I MEAN WHO I AM WORKING WITH!
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                        Seriously one of the best movies of all time.

one of my favorites from that movie:

"Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you."

"Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship."

LOL
                        I like when the big guy says "Anybody want a peanut?". That whole scene cracks me up.

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                        We will concooor!!
                        That's all well and good, but I would prefer it if you would conquer instead.

Comment

I like when the big guy says "Anybody want a peanut?". That whole scene cracks me up.
                          "And I really really mean it..." LOL! That was the old wrestler Andre the Giant and he kept rhyming everything...LOL!

I think one night we all did Family Guy names, Gilligan Island names... and a few others...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I don't have trouble keeping track of names, but I can see how it's a problem if you normally monitor the strengths and weaknesses of regular players. I don't have the memory for that so I leave it out of my planning.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I highly recommend past thoughts on the topic.

On the NS server, we went so far as to develop a plugin to adminstratively pin a nametag on habitual smurfers.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X