Server settings/game play comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server settings/game play comments

I don't know how many of my thoughts here can be implemented, but I think some people will agree some tweaking will enhance things...and some people will hate some of this! ;)

1. Starting money: ought to just be maxed out, no? What government or state terror sponsor is going to hamstring their people, or reward them in this fashion? This messes up losing money for killing a hostage, but I think the advantages outwiegh that.

2. Scoring: T's and CT's that die in a bomb explosion ought to _get_ a point, ya think? Taking one for the team and all that. In addition, if number 1 above is implemented, nobody's going to be worried about losing their purty girl's gun by sticking around. (another TMP advantage! I don't _care_ if I lose it! Hehehehe.) (Then there's the "problem" of 7 T's standing on the bomb while the lone remaining enemy wanders around...heh.)

3. Starting clock: not sure on this one - my gut says it needs to be even longer (but not by much): a bit more time to buy, talk strategy, weed out and/or educate frag monkeys.

For the future: if/when some smart person's able to re-write, entirely, the scoring system, an example of a nice thing to have would be giving some weight to "moral victories"; i.e., 5 successful plants (but no detonation) would equal a won round; something like six hosties rescued likewise, or you could show (and perhaps 'score' for tourneys and such) rounds won vs. team kill ratios, those 'moral' victories, etc. not to change the score but to show how well the team is doing even if they 'lose'.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I know I'm not alone on the money thing, at least.

Gooshy

Re: Server settings/game play comments

1: No. Whenever someone ran out of money they would just quit and rejoin. This would eliminate a big part of the game. Bascially it would be ak vs m4 with deagle all the time with the occasional shotgun or sniper plus the full complement of grenades. I prefer how it is now - you have to make tough decisions, even if it isn't realistic.

2: I don't think they should get a point, but they shouldnt get a death either. This isn't possible to implement anyways.

3: I'm with you on this one. A few more seconds wouldn't hurt.

Comment

I agree with Random here.

Additionally, what I'd most like to see is that ALL CTs die when the bomb explodes, not just the ones that are close. This will stop rewarding cowards.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
        I agree with Random here.

Additionally, what I'd most like to see is that ALL CTs die when the bomb explodes, not just the ones that are close. This will stop rewarding cowards.
        Ditto. Dealing with money is an interesting part of the game, IMO. I'd like to see bomb explosions not have an effect on someone's score and for CTs to all be slain when the bomb goes off. And another 3-5 seconds of buy time would be nice. Making the objectives more important score-wise has always been something I've wanted to see...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

1.) I've noticed servers with this generally attract bad players. We're having a hard time as is to thin out the weeds, better not plant any ;)

2.) Get a point? I'd say no. But, not lose a point like they currently do? I'd go with yes. Maybe still keep a death in their score, but no -1 kill anymore.

3.) Sure, seems good and fine. But remeber; you can always tell your team to hang back and plan. Some of the better games I've had we stayed in spawn (if offence) and picked off rushers then planned the attack. 1-3 seconds or so couldn't hurt, either. Because that would give time for the defence, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
            1: No. Whenever someone ran out of money they would just quit and rejoin. This would eliminate a big part of the game. Bascially it would be ak vs m4 with deagle all the time with the occasional shotgun or sniper plus the full complement of grenades. I prefer how it is now - you have to make tough decisions, even if it isn't realistic.
            I'm saying, no running out of money, period - 16K at the start of every round; infinite, in other words. I disagree with it being part of the game; regular CS, yes - the guy who can Rambo his way through a map gets money, while the guys trying to fulfill a support role get....nada. (Not to mention that whole death thing...;) I submit that's anti-PCS.

As to it being "Bascially it would be ak vs m4 with deagle all the time (...)", yeah, on a non-PCS server it would be; we should be selecting tools appropriate to the job and the money reward system doesn't really change the problem, it just delays it. As a T, I _never_ buy an AK; I'm a lot better with the IDF, and that's if I'm using a rifle at all. People who've played with me will've probably noted it's not unusual for me to go a whole map using a TMP or MAC - it's more my style. If somebody prefers the AK or M4 (and I like the M4 on some maps), why not let 'em have it every round?

Anyway, interesting comments, thanks - too bad some of this is impossible.

Comment

Actually, 16K can run out pretty fast if you keep dying. However, the money your team gets from winning the round is quite a lot. If you really worked to win, even if you died, you should get the M4/Deagle combo you earned.

Comment

Please do not consider what is possible and what is not when brainstorming.

Good ideas are hard to come by, and what is possible is yet unknown.

Brainstorm without restriction. We may not be able to do it now, but, when the SDK grows to it's full strength, good ideas are the bottleneck to innovation. The sooner we start deciding what we'd like changed, the sooner the changes will come once they're possible.

I like the idea of punshing (killing? maybe. there might be something better.) all CTs when the bomb explodes.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Points...who cares about points? We should just get rid of player points all together, except for team wins/losses.

I like the idea of all CT's dieing when the bomb goes off, but unless you execute it client side, you'd need to change the damage radius parameters in the map source file.

We can do that on the ones like Cobble where we have the map source code, but not on any others.

Anyone else think there's something wrong with the bomb "defuse without kit" time, or the time from plant to detonation?

Defuse without kit should be shorter, and plant until det time should be longer.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                    Points...who cares about points? We should just get rid of player points all together, except for team wins/losses.
                    Oh, yeah. If we could do this, I think TG would be all over it. Like Oprah on a canned ham...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                      I like the idea of all CT's dieing when the bomb goes off, but unless you execute it client side, you'd need to change the damage radius parameters in the map source file.
                      I like the idea too and I think it may be possible with the current SDK. The CTs would be automatically slayed, not blown up by the bomb per se.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Like Oprah on a canned ham...
                        hahaha

It seems like most are in agreement that the money is fine, Ts shouldn't get a point but shouldn't lose one either when the bomb explodes, and a little more time would be fine.
                        I too like the thoughts of CTs buying the all farm on detonation. I usually do anyway since I'm either killed trying to keep the Ts out, killed trying to get to the bomb, or killed trying to defuse or while a teamate tries.
                        I really like the no points except team points idea. That would keep lots of point-wh*res away I think.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

In addition to dying, the CTs who were alive for the explosion should be given a pay cut. I'm sure their supervisor wouldn't be too happy with their performance. Could CTs get bravery dollars for trying to defuse the bomb when it exploded?

Comment

Originally posted by DON.MAC
                            In addition to dying, the CTs who were alive for the explosion should be given a pay cut. I'm sure their supervisor wouldn't be too happy with their performance. Could CTs get bravery dollars for trying to defuse the bomb when it exploded?

Bravery dollars! I like it! Is this something that we can change right now?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I cannot change it right now.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X