just my opinion: admin coverage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just my opinion: admin coverage

We really need better admin coverage. There have been so many times (bout 5 mins ago being the most recent) when I've logged into TG expecting the usual great game. What I find though is 2 teams full of 10 year olds playing DM. I've tried the standard "read the rules, don't rush, this is an objective based server, don't hunt" speaches and have found that all it gets is a resounding f*ck you from just about everyone, including those on my own team.

I really enjoy playing on these servers. I really enjoy playing with the core group of guys that I see so much (root, yer mom, 9v, judas, swift, cingular, and all the others). But how I wish there was just a little better coverage of the admins. In my opinion, under the circumstances they do a great job but I have noticed that when I see one on, it's usually at night. Since most of us play at night it's not that big a deal but when you log on during the day or on a weekend (esp a weekend) there should be someone there at sometime.

I know it's impossible to cover the servers 24/7. Hell, I know the possibility of covering them for half of the day is pretty low. I just wanted to vent a second because it gets to me when I log into what I consider the best CS:S servers out there to see them over run by a bunch of 10 year olds who somehow missed the fact that the server name "tactical gamer" might actually involve using tactics.

~furin
    ~Furin
    ~www.imageofself.com
    ~Tilde's are your friend~

Re: just my opinion: admin coverage

Ahh yes.. I've found a name for these idiots. Nubs...

This is what you do... grab yer ankles so that your backside pertrudes clearly into the air, and take the m4 up it.. that's about all we can do...

I've tolerated more than I think I could tolerate Disney Land in the past two days and I've complained a bit to 9v.

Man... If *I* was an admin.. Dude... the servers would be kicken clean of idiots... :D heh

Nah, I do agree... definately need more admin coverage in the AM and weekends...

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I agree with you. But it is not only the A.M. Saturday nights is also fairly admin free. Yes I realize the younger guys have a life on the weekend, but us family guys/ or guys with no life play steady all Saturday night. Perhaps we have been spoiled by having a good admin presence, so much so, that when there is none present, it makes game play intolerable. I know that last night I was caught off guard numerous times by someone comming up behind us through our spawn. This is a credit to how good the gameplay is here, since I never pay attention to those routes, because none off the regulars are out hunting for kills.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Well I understand furin just got ran off both servers today. I have always thought it would be nice to have a IRC channels or a way to IM a admin. Oh well If you need to know about some good Dm servers try Hardgaming.

Comment

I've gotten into this very-unlike-me habit of not playing on Saturday nights.
          I rarely play early in the day.

I can (will) alter my schedule to be on Saturday nights.
          As for daytime... probably wont see much of me still but I can check in on occasion.

Anyone can PM an admin but if we're not even on the computer it isn't likely to get the desired results.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I'm on nearly every night. IIRC, I'm 5 hours ahead of most of you guys, so I'll leave you to figure out what sort of time I'm on. I usually play for between 4 and 8 hours, and I tend to keep move from one server to the other. That's not meant to be a defensive statement, so please don't take it that way. On more than one occasion of late, there have pratically been victory parades to celebrate my arrival on the server, and much bloody and merry kicking and banning has been commenced with the forces of lameness.

In fact there have been so many instances of "Root thank god you're here", that our royal person will be asking Apophis to instruct that we are greeted with bowing, cheering, crys of adoration and many barrels of mead with sufficient wenches to serve to our subjects. Oops. Bit of a power trip there from Apophis onwards, but you gotta give me points for the mead and wenches.

Your opinion about better coverage is perfectly valid, but as someone has already said, some of the other admins actually have a life, whereas this sad old fart is quite content to waste hours every night playing CS. Also, I don't play any other games online (although B2 could be tempting). The original post was perfectly reasonable, and makes a most valid point. Please remember though, that the admins are not paid to admin. I will try and be on more.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
              there have pratically been victory parades to celebrate my arrival on the server
              Root

That was a conga line. Next time you get The Macarena.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooshy
                That was a conga line. Next time you get The Macarena.
                But there will be wenches yes?

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

lololol :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I think the coverage is good, and I have found that unless the server is overrun by juvenile delinquents content with deathmatching, some of them do listen to the rules.
                    Of course there are the normal responses to go f*ck myself, which if I could, I still wouldn't.
                    I seem to remember from another game the option to vote to kick people, that could only be invoked by specific WoN ID's, along with the only people who could vote were special WoN IDs.
                    That could really help in times of need when there are no admins, but would give too much power to the people who are playing. Maybe it could be something that only paying members could so invoke during gameplay, and it would be some 1337 h4x0r type stuff if only paying members could "see" the vote was taking place to begin with.

Then again, maybe I'm just insane, and everyone loves to kill me :)
                    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Wenches for everyone!
                      Woo Hoo! :icon_lol:

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

i always seem to be on at the craziest times.. really late nights and day weekends... bah! ..
                        -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
                        "Real Me Scout"
                        Pronunciation: 'skaut
                        Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
                        1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
                        2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
                        3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
                        4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
                        5 : headshot

Comment

Originally posted by grey
                          I think the coverage is good, and I have found that unless the server is overrun by juvenile delinquents content with deathmatching, some of them do listen to the rules.
                          Ever since reading starship troopers about 20 years ago, I have grown to dislike the phrase juvenille delinquent. I agree with Heinleins definition of the two words, which make them mutally exclusive.

I would agree that there are plenty of annoying little frag monkeys, ,many of whom are extremely rude. I thank the great god of all gods (apophis) for making me an admin. Now I can fight the tyranny of the deathmatcher with a swift kick of the keyboard :-)

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Several of us admins have their IM ID listed, so if we aren't on the server and it's having problems just IM one of us. We can just connect remotely and smite those who need smiting.
                            Twisted Firestarter
                            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok, juvenile delinquent is a phrase I will kill in my lexicon. The admins do a great job as far as I'm concerned, and I'll remember the PM option in case I'm on and being overrun by hooligans of a most horrible nature.
                              "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X