Microphone problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone problems

My microphone echoes what I am hearing through my headphones. This is odd because my headphones aren't really loud at all, but everyone can still here what they are saying when my mic is on.

I need to figure out how to fix this. It bugs me when I hear stuff through other peoples' mics, I can't stand it coming from me as well.

Does anyone have any idea how this can get fixed? Thanks
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Re: Microphone problems

mute the microphone option in your volume control. that might help.....

my other suggestion would be dont talk so much.....mini-bronco
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
      mute the microphone option in your volume control. that might help.....
      I did that, didn't help at all.

my other suggestion would be dont talk so much.....mini-bronco
      I don't talk nearly enough to be called mini bronco. =P

Comment

I don't think it's the microphone (unless it's USB or something).

Do you hear your microphone from your headphones?

Comment

You're using onboard sound. Get a sound card. I actually have my microphone hooked up to my onboard sound and my surround sound exiting through my Creative card. If you're on a laptop, you're probably sunk because you didn't buy an IBM.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

This is actually quite common with a lot of onboard sound devices and it is called feedback loop. Usually means you have a crossover somewhere in the sound electrical parts. Bad sound device pretty much sums it up.

Your voice playback volume is a different issue involving you hearing your voice, not others hearing theirs.

- -

Comment

They do it for a reason, just not a good reason. Consider yourself lucky it doesn't go both ways.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                I don't think it's the microphone (unless it's USB or something).

Do you hear your microphone from your headphones?
                It's not a USB.

I can hear my mic through my headphones. For example, if I scratch the mic, it comes in through my headphones. I use two separate head sets for playing. One has the mic on it, but I don't like using the rest of it because my other headphones work way better and I can hear more.So I have just the mic of one plugged in and a different one plugged in for incoming sound.

Also, I thought that I had an actual sound card... I could take a look I suppose.

Comment

Take a picture if you can't tell. We'll know.
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

If you can hear your mic then you need to mute your Voice playback. Which windows are you running?

- -

Comment

XP pro

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                        It's not a USB.

I can hear my mic through my headphones. For example, if I scratch the mic, it comes in through my headphones. I use two separate head sets for playing. One has the mic on it, but I don't like using the rest of it because my other headphones work way better and I can hear more.So I have just the mic of one plugged in and a different one plugged in for incoming sound.

Also, I thought that I had an actual sound card... I could take a look I suppose.
                        I thought so.

Go to your sound options:
                        Start -> Contol Panel -> Sounds and Audio devices.
                        From Device volume press Advanced.

Press Options from the top left and select all the boxes under "recording". What you have there is that you have "What U hear" selected, select your Microphone or Line-In2 which ever input you use for your microphone.
                        Then go back to Options and this time select all the boxes under playback. Mute your microphone input from there.

Now you cannot hear your microphone from your headphones and others can't hear ingame sounds from your mic.

I use setting like that to record my TG videos so that my microphone sounds end up in the video and so that the lads can hear me talking. I just have to turn down the ingame sounds so that they can hear what Im saying (usually this doesn't work :) ).

Comment

*cough* usb mic *cough* usb mic

Comment

Kebab, you have a very round about way of getting to volume control.

I already had microphone selected and my microphone was muted in the playback section.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                              You're using onboard sound. Get a sound card. I actually have my microphone hooked up to my onboard sound and my surround sound exiting through my Creative card. If you're on a laptop, you're probably sunk because you didn't buy an IBM.
                              what is the difference in IBM sound and others? I have a T60p...
                              Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence in ALL We Do!

United States Air Force ROTC Det. 590 UNC-Chapel Hill

Instructor of the infamous TGU CS:S Division! Semper Fi
                              If you are interested in TGU Please

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...