Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Watch TV

(This is not related to CS:S.)

As you may recall, I really dislike watching TV, but I recently learned from a friend's dad how to make the experience enjoyable. I mute it while watching Discovery or something like that (this morning it's the History Channel, some special on boats?) and play music in the background (this week has been The English Beat's album I Just Can't Stop It). It's really relaxing and enjoyable, and the music is surprisingly synchronized with the images most of the time. This has been added to my routine twice in the day now.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Re: How to Watch TV

You are one messed up dude. Stay away from farm animals!
    | | |

Comment

HA HA HA..... would you like a spit cup too to catch the drool comming out of your mouth???

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Hmmmm playing music to video? This sounds like some strange new thing mankind can benefit from.
        There are no winners in war.

Comment

He is bringing MTV back the EDNOS way...mixed in with a little Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

I don't watch much TV either but if I do I DVR it and then skip the commercials.

There is a channel that does play Sunrise Earth in the morning which has beautiful shots of the sun rising along with just the sounds of nature or sometimes they will play relaxing music along with it as well....Just record that and you are good to go for "Watching TV"...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I used to do the same thing. I would watch old Looney Tune cartoons and listen to jazz. You're right! The images do sync up with the music quite often. If you want to take that to the next level, watch Wizard of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon. If you match the first heartbeat to the third lions growl during the MGM title, I assure you, your mind will be blown. The first black and white part of the movie is exactly as long as the first side of the record. The song Money comes in once it changes to color. The lyrics match up with whats going on in the movie in so many places. It's crazy!!! Here's the Wiki article about this phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow

Comment

......*Promptly continues to haze ednos*. Haze, haze, haze..

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                ......*Promptly continues to haze ednos*. Haze, haze, haze..
                LOL! I think he already may be "HAZED".....:row__588:

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I watch DIY channel atm. I hate commercials and searching so I try to learn things :) What Ednos is doing is strange yes but to be expected of him.

FUN FUN

Comment

[QUOTE=Quest Shady;1196874mixed in with a little Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

[/QUOTE]

In the not too distant future...

lol

anyway... you wanna hear my real ADHD moment? I put a DVD in, put subtitles on and watch it at X2 speed sometimes. You can see the words, know what's going on and put it on normal speed for any 'good' stuff. Too bad I can't do that for TV...
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

add: My wife just reminded me of the time she came into the room.

I had the TV playing a movie, I had Counterstrike on the desktop and I was writing a paper on the laptop. With the radio playing music.
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I actually used to do this as a small child. My use of the television is extremely regulated however because I don't find it useful for many things.

Books FTW

Edit:

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                        anyway... you wanna hear my real ADHD moment? I put a DVD in, put subtitles on and watch it at X2 speed sometimes. You can see the words, know what's going on and put it on normal speed for any 'good' stuff. Too bad I can't do that for TV...
                        Absolutely genius.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X