Server In Turmoil!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server In Turmoil!

We have a hacker on the server who continuously changes his name to a random TG member to prevent booting/banning. He's been on there for some time now and doesn't plan on leaving. If we could get someone in there pronto, that would be kick @$$
    We are the music makers,
    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
    and sitting by desolate streams.
    World losers and world forsakers,
    for whom the pale moon gleams.
    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Re: Server In Turmoil!

I'm looking into this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Get a STEAMID just in case.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have his Steam ID, and for sure its his, I was told by Goosh not to post it in forums though, if you want me to PM it to ya, let me know.
        We are the music makers,

Comment

Send it to Wyz just in case.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

he crashed my game and maybe the server, dunno, i didn't get his steam ID, i wasn't sure how to do this. we should post a process for reporting people like this though and sticky it!

- -

Comment

Generally, what Tempus says is accurate.

In this case, the admins are already discussing this incident in the admin forums and we need not discuss it more here. We have the SteamID of the player in question. If we need more information, we know who to come to.

Thanks for reporting this.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The title of the thread is awesome... :icon_lol:

Comment

Good Idea Vulcan.
                  LOL @ DeRanger, Thanks!

The way to retrieve another's Steam_ID#

1*. Open your Console and type "status" (without the " ")

2**. This command brings up a list of many numbers; Look towards the bottom for names of player's currently in the server. To the immediate right of the player's name is their Steam_ID

3. Click and then drag the mouse cursor across the portion of the player's name and/or his Steam_ID.

4. We all know know to right-click to copy -OR- ctrl+c
                  Then to paste, right-click to paste -OR- ctrl+v

* If your Console has not yet been enabled:
                  Go to Options; Keyboard tab; Advanced; then check the box

** If the player is changing his name around to different player's names:
                  When you are looking at the different names of player's, and you come across two names that are the same; You want to look for any slight difference in how the name is spaced, this can be done by looking at the " " marks, usually a player will add a space or two at the end of his name so that the program perceives the name as being "different" although we see it as the same name. This is not always true, however, for the most part it is.

And I'm playing right now........ no admins........ the horror....... (5:46pm)
                  Last edited by FOX9; 02-09-2005, 05:34 PM.
                  We are the music makers,

Comment

Originally posted by FOX9
                    We have a hacker on the server who continuously changes his name to a random TG member to prevent booting/banning. He's been on there for some time now and doesn't plan on leaving. If we could get someone in there pronto, that would be kick @$$
                    Getting the steam Id and a screenshot are great helps. Also, please refer to which server so we can find you easier and locate any logs.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...