45 Second Buy times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Second Buy times

I'd like to suggest increasing the Freeze times to 45 seconds per round on the public CS servers for the following reasons:

1. Often times the round starts and everyone runs off without any discussion whatsoever of team strategy. Making people stand still might help a bit. :)

2. The defensive team needs time to talk to each other and specify strategy before the offensive team can rush the objective (especially true on de maps.) Sometimes I feel like I'm so busy getting to a bombsite to defend it, I can't talk to my team.

3. Having to wait 45 seconds for the round to start will be an immediate turnoff to non-PCS style players and will encourage them to leave the server without admin intervention. This also allows new players to learn the server rules from their team before the game begins.

This implementation seems unneccesary if either server goes private.

Thanks!

Keith
    Last edited by K2_the_Turtle; 02-09-2005, 04:29 PM.
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Re: 45 Second Buy times

You are talking about the freeze time, no? The buy time is just how long until you can no longer make purchases..

I'll agree with the freeze time increase, though.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Everyone will have his own idea of what X should be, but I have no objection to raising the freeze time X seconds.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good idea

~furin
        ~Furin
        ~www.imageofself.com
        ~Tilde's are your friend~

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          You are talking about the freeze time, no?
          Yes, sorry for confusion.
          It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me. Not wanting to be awkward, but how about 20 or 30 seconds to start with? I can manually buy my gear and tell my team what I'm doing in 7 seconds using a keyboard, but I have noticed most others find this impossible. Some try and others can't be bothered.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'm all for upping the freeze time a tad.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

What's the freeze time set at right now? I think that tripling it wouldn't be unreasonable...

Comment

I know i dont have much of an influence but 45 seconds seems a little long

Comment

I think it's currently 7 secs?

I vote for 20

Comment

45 is way too long imo.
                      15 or 20 sound about right.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I think its 10 seconds curently

Comment

Presently:
                          Code:
                          mp_freezetime 10
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Longer freeze times aren't going to make people play more tactically or plan their team assault if some players aren't interested. I'm all for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                              15 or 20 sound about right.
                              i'll see your 20 and raise you 10.

Enough time to either talk to, explain or warn newbies; and that means everyone not just admins! or type to your team exactly where you're going to be for your imminent and inescapable death.

Terrorists Win!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X