Dealing with, ahem....kids.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with, ahem....kids.

OK, not to discuss a particular incident (per admin wishes), but in general, how to deal with full-on disruption w/out an admin present. The one thing I _know_ works is to do.....absolutely nothing. Just stand in spawn and let, for example, a speed hacker run around looking silly. Putting up a fight and trying to 'show him' you _can_ kill him, even if you succeed, is simply what they want. When you die, spectate.

If there's better techniques, I'm all ears - I think, though, that whatever we come up with, it ought to be a server policy, so when something happens, we're consistent. Kinda like shunning - it works best when everybody is on board.

Gooshy

Re: Dealing with, ahem....kids.

As more tools become available, we might see a temp-admin plugin for members to have when there are no admins around. Until then, I just don't know..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have to agree with you. If you do some research into these cheating communities, (and I have) they get off on everyone getting pissed. Thats right these guys set-up to play just to hear everyone "whine" about them in the server. So back to the point, I think if you have everyone idle like you said, the pesky punk may move on to greener pastures.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

These children want attention.

Do what it takes to deprive them of it.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm with Goosh' 110% on this one

We are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dream.
          Wandering by lone sea breakers,
          and sitting by desolate streams.
          World losers and world forsakers,
          for whom the pale moon gleams.
          Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by FOX9
            I'm with Goosh' 110% on this one

ditto...

Although I am picturing 8 of us in spectate mode watching one dip-wad run around by himself........
            Sort of like bad TV........... TJ Hooker?

Comment

Originally posted by Dog
              Sort of like bad TV........... TJ Hooker?
              i'm sorry, Dog but i must insist that you to retract that.

Even if, for the sake of argument that you're right, that TJ Hooker is bad TV, it still features possibly the greatest human that's 'eer walked this planet; Mr William Shatner.

A god among mortals. A legend. A star.
              So, retract! Or die!

ANd on the do nothing approach, indeed. Pre-admin i found that often worked, unless you get 2 or 3 that just insist on carrying on playing.

It has to be a joint team lack of effort!

Comment

9v I'm sorry, his haiku style songs just crack me up, I've lost all respect for that man.
                Inimicus Inimico

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                  possibly the greatest human that's 'eer walked this planet; Mr William Shatner.
                  lol I almost spewed my tea all over my monitor.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                    i'm sorry, Dog but i must insist that you to retract that.

Even if, for the sake of argument that you're right, that TJ Hooker is bad TV, it still features possibly the greatest human that's 'eer walked this planet; Mr William Shatner.

So, retract! Or die!

ANd on the do nothing approach, indeed. Pre-admin i found that often worked, unless you get 2 or 3 that just insist on carrying on playing.

It has to be a joint team lack of effort!
                    lmao!

Alright... and Heather Locklear too.......... I have to admit the man has big brass ones... I've heard cuts from his new album...

Comment

I have discovered that if people stop listening to people telling them the rules, sitting in spawn is one of the best options you have available. The map times are longer, so the rushers will all wind up in miserable defeat by the entire T or CT team, and it will be them who are whining and crying "you damn campers!!!!!!!"

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "
                      "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny on such a geeky level. I love it. ANd I dont know binary

Comment

Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                            Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!
                            lol

Do we really need to start a William Shatner Thread?

Comment

[QUOTE=9 v] Mr William Shatner.

[QUOTE]

Did you say....a god? Come to my church, fellow believer!

http://www.shatnerology.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Putting a Shatnerologist in a room full of ordinary people is like putting a velociraptor in a room full of wiener dogs.

T!pau Jones, UberShamen of the First Church of Shatnerology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X