X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS_Junglerescue

Updates***

Screenshots

The map is not populated yet because some bugs are still being worked out but ghost has been helping out and an version for TG members should be available soon to help get some ideas bounced around, if your interested in playing the beta map, please post and give feedback!

These screenshots basically show some of the custom models i've created that will populate the map, and the awesome waterfall which is actually animated! I built it with judas in mind :P

- -

Re: PCS_Junglerescue

Nice to see progress.

Good luck moving forward.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Looks very nice. My video card got scared looking at it.

Comment

EWWW!! Red Crosshairs!!

Oh yeah, really nice map! :) Can't wait to see it will all my settings on high :)

Comment

Looking good. Now hurry up and finish it already :)

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

the palm tree is only 6k triangles so don't sweat it randomguy, it won't be that hard on the comp. I'm a good optimizer too :P

- -

Comment

You guys interested in joining our mod team? I still have to talk to the main guy about it, but I'm sure if he saw your map, he'd do anything to get you in :)
              You interested?
              www.inumod.com

Comment

Map looks freakin' awesome!!! I have always been the one trying to get people to play on oddball type maps because they have a good theme. Like this one, jungle. Thats sweet. Been waiting around for a good jungle/woodland type map for Source, but that we can all be tactical and have fun on as well. Urban environments are great, but we need new, better ideas. I commend you Vulcan in taking it upon yourself to start this lovely wheel rolling. Good luck with how it comes along. Hope to play it soon!

btw; that sun looks cool as heck behind the rocks and waterfall! LOL for some reason I imagine running water when i think of judas too :)
                We are the music makers,
                and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                and sitting by desolate streams.
                World losers and world forsakers,
                for whom the pale moon gleams.
                Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

I cant wait

Comment

Looks really nice. Is that first one the CT spawn? I'm working on a map myself at the moment.

Comment

Thank you for supporting member status, I GREATLY appreciate that! I am honored!

The map is totally based on tactics. A couple tidbits.. You can fall and die if your not careful. Some places once you go down a slope you cannot get back up without going around. I am designing totally based on real life squad tactics.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by FOX9
                        btw; that sun looks cool as heck behind the rocks and waterfall! LOL for some reason I imagine running water when i think of judas too :)

LOL WTF fox?? lol

oh and yes i would love to help you with play testing map... vulcan
                        nice waterfall :)
                        -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
                        "Real Me Scout"
                        Pronunciation: 'skaut
                        Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
                        1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
                        2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
                        3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
                        4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
                        5 : headshot

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          You can fall and die if your not careful. Some places once you go down a slope you cannot get back up without going around.
                          mmmmm delicious.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to do much yet, so I shouldn't take much credit other than putting in a few props like the dock and and the spawns/buyzones etc.

I have been working on making it a hossie rescue mission, but so far its been a DM map because we have some AI bugs to work out with the hossies.

Vulcan has been working on getting good palm models worked out, and he did an awesome job with the basemap and water. It looks very cool, incredibly realistic. I love the color of the water.
                            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

ghost,

thank you for your help, i have an updated version of the map with a better water! it's now transparent and blue/green in color! I also edited the region a little bit to make it smoother and more beach like!

I'll upload to my webspace soon for you to download the updated stuff.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X