This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

ADMINS NEED TO BAN. I am tired of seeing warning after warning and then maybe some gets KICKED. Listen, if they are warned and they repeat the offense, we donít want them on the server ban the F&^%[email protected], simple as that. This evening a handful of idiots ran the server and not one ban. With strict rules there needs to be STRICT enforcement of those rules. With the rules the servers play by, banning needs to be an event that happens often. Enough is enough far too often the server gets populated with immature aholes and far too often the regulars have to put up with them and far too often itís the regulars that leave the server.

TG needs to trust its paying membership and allow banning by word of mouth. I could not believe that an admin had to see a rusher to punish him. It's a little offensive that the word of players that play on the server everyday donít carry any weight when it comes to the management of the servers. Things are getting worse on the servers not better and I fell something should be done about that.

Re: This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
    TG needs to trust its paying membership and allow banning by word of mouth. I could not believe that an admin had to see a rusher to punish him. It's a little offensive that the word of players that play on the server everyday donít carry any weight when it comes to the management of the servers. Things are getting worse on the servers not better and I fell something should be done about that.
    Rushers don't get banned. You don't tell us how to admin. Harsh? Yes, but I'm tired of this. I, along with the rest of TG, appreciate that you're a supporting member and a regular player that helps make our CS:S servers the way they are.

If you want to see an admin take action, contact him privately. If you're in game, warn the person using the say_all chat function. That way everyone sees it. Just say something like, "Hey, Clueless_Pubbie, on our server, the CTs should be defending the bombsites, NOT rushing for kills." When you do that, the admin will keep a closer eye on the player when possible, AND it will let the player know what he's doing wrong. If he's a jerk, he's likely to respond with disrespect, which is something that an admin is likely to kick him for on the spot.

Let me say it again: if you're not an admin, don't expect to be issuing admin commands. I don't appreciate being told to ban someone. I do appreciate being told that someone is causing a problem. That may seem like a very subtle difference, but it's actually a huge difference. And I know that at least one admin feels very strongly about this.

That said, I feel your frustration. You can help, like I said, by being part of the solution: explain the TG gameplay to new players using say_all chat so that everyone sees it. Show new players the defensive areas that we generally stick to. Explain how we have an offensive team and a defensive team. Explaining these things so that everyone can read them will make it a lot easier for an admin to make his decision to kick someone.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm in the middle here. I don't want to tell the admins how to do their job, and I certainly support a somewhat strict enforcement of the rules.

Here the thing though: Everyone deserves to be given a chance.

If someone keeps ignoring warnings over and over and over and over again, kic 'em once. If they do it again, ban 'em. However, 2 infringements, IMO, do not warrant a ban.

If you ban too many people too quickly, you never get any new players because everyone gets the idea that this place is full of elitist anusheads, or we have anuhead admins, or too many rules, or whatever. We want people to see what we do and like it and come back. Banhappy admins make it a lot harder for this to happen because they scare everyone off.

At the same time, people who obviously need to be banned need to be banned ASAP, but in my experience here that rarely happens. Maybe things are different now, I don't know.

But Cingular is right. If there's only 1 or 2 admins on, they can't see/watch everyone at once. Try to stay calm, and report offenders to the admins, and be patient. They're not going to ban someone immediately just because someone asks them to. To do so would be unfair to a new player who may just need a slight adjustment to his point of view, and who may end up being a future contributing member of this community.

Wyzcrak is the perfect example of this. When he first showed up, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, including myself, hated him with a passion. As time went by, he realized how awesome this place can be on a good night, and how invaluable that is, and he adjusted himself. And now look at him. He's running the TG NS community, and he's an all-around great guy.

Situations liek that are the reason it sometimes takes a while to permanently remove someone from the server. In the meantime, report people and try to be patient.
      Please allow me to adjust my pants
      So that I may dance the Good Time Dance
      And put the onlookers and innocent bystanders into a trance

Comment

Long post... lost before I could post it. :(
        (such a well thought out post too.........)

Cing said it well.

I was there. I warned, slayed, kicked.... more people came in ... couldn't kill the newbs for warning they never saw.

Came here and got three of the idiots you had problems with banned.... within 20 minutes of your "no one got banned" post.

Please feel free to help by complaining in the server to these types of players.
        We admins don't have it as easy as some might think.
        Believe it or not, even if an admin is spectating and not playing he can't see everything every minute.... and can't act instantaniously.

It's late and I apologize for not retyping the post I had previously taken great care composing.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai
          They're not going to ban someone immediately just because someone asks them to.
          Wyzcrak is the perfect example of this.
          To be sure, I did not adjust myself to be accepted here. Your description of everyone hating me when I arrived is inaccurate. Some people got upset when I made them earn my respect and trust. If you were new (or veteran) and acted as this community claimed its members did, you found my respect. If your time here began 18 months before my own and you regularly treated people with condescension and disrespect, I didn't hesitate, having just recently arrived myself, to plainly call you out on those decisions. Some people just wanted to kill the messenger.

Over time, people have come to better and more wholly understand who I am and what I offer to and firmly expect from others here. That understanding has pulled to myself and this community far more people than it has driven away and is responsible for my being asked since my arrival to assume for Tactical Gamer the multiple leadership roles which I am privileged to hold today.

I am patient with our CSS guests so much so that my fellow admins sometimes think it detrimental to our efforts. I respect and sometimes disagree with the others' styles of authority and appreciate that, on average, the CSS admin team we have today WILL, with the help of the regulars, ensure that we all continue to attract and keep the very type of players of whom we all enjoy the company. Yes, we aren't perfect, but you can't please everyone all the time.

Your membership is your way of showing your support for this community. You automatically enjoy many privileges due solely to your supporting member status. I won't speak for the other admins, but my unquestioning trust simply is not one of them.

If you're on the server and have a problem with a player, manage as much creativity as you can in your effort to give an admin the information he needs to help you enjoy your experience on the server. Do NOT tell the guy what to do or when to do it and expect him to unquestioningly act on your request, unless of course you have put in the time and effort (not just the membership) it takes to earn that unquestioning trust.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmmmm, hard to discuss issues on forums becasue tone of voice is lost, so i wont.
            Peace

Comment

I've come to learn personally that if you enforce the admin, the pubbies will stop being stupid.

Just yesterday, we had about 3 CT rushers, and Root was the admin. Normally, Root doesn't kick for a few warnings, he'd rather slay them and make them watch the entire round after we sit back and wait on them, and I think that's worse than kicking them. We all know how it feels to be first to die.

But, I've found that if you enforce the admin with him there, it works a lot better. As I said, we had 3 rushers. Root wouldn't address them personally, so I did. He would give console warnings, and I would address names saying things such as, "Useless_Idiot we DO have an admin on duty, and he DOES NOT tolerate disobedience. Please abide by our rules, or leave."

Then, of course, the pubbies will be like "**** YOU ***CLOWN *** NOOB CAMPER ******"

And then comes the relief. :D

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

PM me if you want to know exactly what "**** YOU ***CLOWN *** NOOB CAMPER ******" says... :D heh I know yer all sitting there trying to figure it out :D :D

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Wow, I'm with JohnGalt on this one, no tone of voice :( But I will speak on the matter.

Cing is right, Admins do not take requests. Does everyone really keep forgetting this?
                  Galt is right, Not nearly enough admins on server whenever I'm playing.
                  Cing... You can't expect everyone to just listen to you immediately. You must politely describe to them our rules/regulations. In a manner such that they will apologize and continue to play, AND hopefully come round the forums. This has happened to me 4 times or so in the past 2 days. I have noticed a few new people around. This is a good thing. They are around here right now because, AND ONLY BECAUSE, I or someone else had put the time in to talk to him/her(s), let them know what we are about, and then welcome them to play in our server anytime as well as visit our website. I personally try to tell ppl about the site as often as possible. And like I have said in previous posts. I put out the text "THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE-BASED SERVER. Please play TACTICALLY. CTs guard the bombsites and do not rush Ts. Terrorists DO NOT ABANDON BOMB in search for the better of your score" so many friggin times I think I could type it while I am sleeping. I believe I type this out more than anyone else. I do what I can in bringing in new, but good, traffic. However, sometimes noone/nothing can help these ppl.
                  Galt... 4, 3, even just 2 fragmonkeys/gameruiners can really screw up an entire map rotation for EVERYONE. Not just oppsoing team.
                  Samurai not right?! LOL sorry Sam, not that you are not right, but that I do not believe that everyone deserves a second chance. If you have been repeatedly warned, perhaps slayed once, then you are kicked once; if you rejoin the server you are just looking for trouble and IMHO you should be permanentaly banned.
                  I also find it humorous in all of your approaches. John speaks just how a supporting member should, perhaps with a little less anger and anxiousness. Cing DEFINATELY speaks like an administrator. And they both should. BUT, we should all be open to listening to others. But not afraid to point out weakspots in others thoughts. All without being a little too grouchy :D

BUT back to the main point. I think if we could get some kind of temp-admin prog setup that would be fantastic. Like Tempus stated. Imagine a world without strike! I do see many downfalls to this though. I believe the concept should be further discussed in detail whilst all keeping our composure.

BTW, Root=Best Admin Ever 9v=second best :D (j/k I luv me british mates the same) But seriously, Root and 9v do their job superbly. Whoever has the decision making when it came to them having rcon, you made an outstanding choice! I am not just saying this, these two have single-handedly made ALMOST every night that much more enjoyable. They are frequently around, sound of mind, respectable, polite, and try to put the TG word out to as many as they can. However, they are NOT afraid to use they're full power when nessecary, and they do this extrememely well.
                  We are the music makers,
                  and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                  Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                  and sitting by desolate streams.
                  World losers and world forsakers,
                  for whom the pale moon gleams.
                  Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

This post is in error. Managed to post the same thing twice. Can someone delete this post please? I don't have admin privileges in the forum.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It's nice to know my efforts are appreciated, but please don't forget that I spend so much time on here because I have no life. From what I can gather, most of the other admins have family, a social life and some frivilous primary source of income ;-)

While compliments are always welcome, I feel a little uncomfortable being ranked as an admin, even if it is number 1. Apophis knows what he's looking for in an admin, and picks them accordingly. I'm just glad that most of you don't take issue with the way I admin.

I feel your frustration John, and I admit I've lent towards the dark side when dealing with idiots, but Wyz really does have the right attitude. They *are* our guests, as were we at one point. If we don't take the time to explain things to them, we could lose some very good PCS players.

This is why I'm all for a passworded private server and a public one. I've stated before that I'm more than happy to spend the bulk of my time on a public server. Why? Because when I need to chill out, I'll always have the option of hitting the private server for some fun without fear of some lowlife rusher taking my M4 off me in CT spawn on havana.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

LOL agreed. I remember you saying somethign before about pword/nonpword. That would be incredibly sweet! And root, im not saying you are better than any other admins, I am saying I see you the most and you have been doing an outstanding job. plus your me fav! ;) lol j/k 9v!
                        We are the music makers,
                        and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                        Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                        and sitting by desolate streams.
                        World losers and world forsakers,
                        for whom the pale moon gleams.
                        Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by FOX9
                          BTW, Root=Best Admin Ever 9v=second best :D (j/k I luv me british mates the same) But seriously, Root and 9v do their job superbly. Whoever has the decision making when it came to them having rcon, you made an outstanding choice! I am not just saying this, these two have single-handedly made ALMOST every night that much more enjoyable. They are frequently around, sound of mind, respectable, polite, and try to put the TG word out to as many as they can. However, they are NOT afraid to use they're full power when nessecary, and they do this extrememely well.

We had another admin that fit this description. Too bad he won't play here anymore.
                          I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                            some frivilous primary source of income ;-)
                            Ohhh... niiiccee choice of words. :) lol

*sniff, sniff*... he used my words...
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Ohhh... niiiccee choice of words. :) lol

*sniff, sniff*... he used my words...
                              Payback I guess :-) Heh - he worrys about that and completely ignores my praise of his attitude towards the newbie deathmatching rushing fragmonkeys *lol*

Now, how can I work in something about putting sleep before CS? ;)

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...