Thinking for getting this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking for getting this

Can some one tell give a basic lowdown on the game? I am a avid 2142 gamer and how this differ?

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
    |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
    |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Re: Thinking for getting this

All I can tell you is that it's an addiction that leaves you wanting more, I cant tell you the difference between the 2 because I've never tried 2142 but I can tell you that I've been playing CS for almost 10 years and joining here at TG has made it it a even more wonderful experience(Mature Gamers/Very Vocal/Teamwork oriented) that kinda deal all in all I'd say you wont regret it.

Comment

Ohh yea I forgot to explain CS...lol.. Ok it's like this, there are Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists and CT's main objectives are to guard the bombsite/rescue hostages/protect the VIP/Defuse bomb plants that kinda deal pretty simple, T's are pretty much the opposite of that (Plant the bomb/Prevent CT's from rescuing hosties/Execute the VIP/Plant the bomb it's generally a fun game when there's around 4 or more people on each team. If you'd like to see what some gameplay is like I'd suggest Youtub'in Counter-Strike Source on there and seeing what it's like but the gameplay is much different on TG as I've mentioned before because we play the way the games meant to be played :)

Comment

Originally posted by suid View Post
        Ohh yea I forgot to explain CS...lol.. Ok it's like this, there are Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists and CT's main objectives are to guard the bombsite/rescue hostages/protect the VIP/Defuse bomb plants that kinda deal pretty simple, T's are pretty much the opposite of that (Plant the bomb/Prevent CT's from rescuing hosties/Execute the VIP/Plant the bomb it's generally a fun game when there's around 4 or more people on each team. If you'd like to see what some gameplay is like I'd suggest Youtub'in Counter-Strike Source on there and seeing what it's like but the gameplay is much different on TG as I've mentioned before because we play the way the games meant to be played :)
        Suid basically has it. i have never played 2142, but i have played BF2. Sure, you wont get the amount of teamwork and tactics that you would get on a game like BF2 or 2142 due to the small maps, but you'll get as close as you are ganna get on the TG server. The rules we and enforce and the game style we play truly adds a unique flavor to the game. Im sure that if you are used to a game like 2142 (with all the tactics, vehicles, map size, teamwork) and you go and play on public CSS servers, you will have wasted your money. If you dont plan on playing on the TG server, you will no at all enjoy this game.

But hey, i LOVE it and i was hooked on BF2 before i played this game. I highly recommend it. If you get it, hop on the server, im usually on. Its all good times there :D
        :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
        |
        |
        .\__\
        ...../

Comment

Okay I've played both and had to switch to TG CSS for most of the time.

The way I can compare it is this, think of 2 squads on 2142, one on each team.

So 6 on 6 (Sometimes, like tonight, 12 on 12 max)

Maps are smaller, but more realistic like Terrorist team starting inside a house and CTs outside down the street. Think slightly smaller than cerebre landing.

It's just more personable, and each kill actually means a whole lot because you can't revive anyone.

Its just a lot more realistic and intense than 2142, as the damage the guns do is like the voss.

And the main reason....CUSTOM MAPS!

Comment

You guys have major spelling and grammar issues....

As Saphric said, it is a much smaller game than 2142. I have not played 2142, but it is a battlefield game, so the maps on there hold up to 64 people for the most part. CSS at tg usually holds 14 people in the game, which means 7 on 7.

You'll get a much more personal type of communication going between your teammates. Not "You're my best bud in the whole wide world" kind of personal, but the "Where are you at? Ok, you throw a flash through that window, I will throw one in the front door and then we go in" kind of deal.

As Saphric said, it's basically like playing with just your squad on the Battlefield games... without the commander.

Also, there are no kits that you choose, giving you full gear. You have a set amount of money to spend on equipment, winning and completing objectives gives you more money for the next round. You run out of money alot, so spend it wisely!
            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

No cookies for clef!

Comment

TG CS:S is much slower than 2142. You know, how in 2142, having artillery, a walker, an APC and a dozen targets on your screen is considered frantic? In CS:S, frantic is 3 players on the screen. You might spend 3-4 minutes sitting in a spot with little action. The game-play is more personal, one shot either way can change the whole course of the round. I've seen teams get decimated because the sniper got taken out early in the round.

2142 is a more strategic team-based game, whereas CS:S has a bigger focus on individuals and midgame tactics. 2142 has a completely different kind of command structure: Commander tells his Squad Leaders where to go, Squad Leaders tell Squad Members who to kill, and Squad Members kill them. In CS:S, you might have a leader, who calls the shots, but a lot of the time you decide as a team what you intend to do. Plans are important, but even more important is adapting to a new situation. Since the whole balance can shift thanks to a single shot, plans have a tendency to change. Some of my most "successful" plans have gone from "pick at A" to "Rush into B."

Maps are more CQC- orientated. Most are filled with chokepoints, are generally more "unique." The game is played on a much smaller scale, so small details, like boxes, doors, windows and sometimes even plants and paintings will play a bigger role in game. Another big difference is that most maps have highly used hiding spots, so knowing the map will be as usefull as being a good shot. I'm not saying you'll immediately know where everyone is hiding, but you'll know that the enemy might be up in a certain window, or on top of a certain beam.

Overall, the 2142 is a strategic game, with a bigger emphasis on the overall game, and in CS:S tactics play the important role.

Comment

Try it Tiger, it's a great fun teamwork game. And like other games TG makes it so much more fun. Plus it's really cheap to pick up these days.

Comment

The real reason counter strike is so fun is because our community is so great. Not ridiculously large but we have many regulars. Playing with the people you would find on the TG CSS server on any given day is a great reason to buy CSS. Setting that aside however CSS provides the perfect blend of realistic and unrealistic game play for this "urban tactics" simulation. Every major point has already been discussed but I would highly recommend CSS.

Comment

Give it a shot. CSS is a load of fun though it takes a bit to get used to. Everyone on the server is extremely friendly and will show you the ropes. Because you only spawn once, CSS really puts your mortality front and center as staying alive is chief.

Get it, and we can learn together!

Comment

If you like following and giving orders buy it now :) The CSS server is a realism mod and we like it real :) These guys/gals have given you the lowdown now make the move :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Get it!
                          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Oh belive me. I'm as a battlefield-kid love this game. Battlefield will allways be my home. But I really enjoy playing CSS very much :)

It's definitely worth it.
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Main reason to get it is of course because I play it! J/k Try it out man should have a blast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X