Tournament Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Information

Ok guys, the tourney is about to begin.. Week 1 is schedule to start February 27th. The teams are nearly complete, and the schedule is finalized. Team recruiting is over, so if you are not on a team, you will have to hope to be a sub or a replacement for a dropped/missing player.

There will be six teams. Each match will be played on a map with each team playing each side once. After a team wins 6 rounds, the teams switch sides. The total number of rounds won will determine the winner of the match. If each team has the same number of rounds won, then each team is credited with a tie. For gameplay rules, please read the following, courtesy of Wyzcrak:

With so many different and dynamic opinions about what justifies a departure from the "expected" tactical decision during gameplay, the tournament will have no boundaries on the maps or in the gameplay. Players will move where their team thinks they'll be most effective at playing their objective. This may sometimes prove to be a valid departure from what many of us experience every night on the CS servers. If it's done correctly, it will be the closest we've ever come on these servers (and with this playerbase) to the responsible freedoms Apophis described during a recent thread here.. a more pure implementation of PCS.. more dynamic and exciting.

HLTV will be used to record demos of each match and will be used for admin review if needed. If you consider a player's decisions during a match to be a significant departure from PCS, complete the match and later arrange with an admin for him to review any demos you want him to see. Simply put: you share your complaint only with the admin(s), who will decide whether or not your complaint is valid.

Admins will not ignore complaints, but admins alone will decide how many complaints justify a player being warned and or removed from the tournament. Admins will not publicly discuss complaints and will keep between the admins and the player in question any conversations regarding complaints about that player. The aim of these conversations will be keeping the player in the tournament by helping them better understand what's reasonable and what is not. Complaints about admins will be handled with equal scrutiny.

Players who prove consistently unable to understand what is reasonable and what is not, per the discretion of the admins, will be removed from the tournament. If a player is removed from the tournament, the player's team is welcome to either replace him with someone who has not been on a team at any point during the tournament or to play their remaining matches at a numbers disadvantage.

Now... that's a lot to read, but it's very similar to every day thinking about here: if you're out of bounds, you'll find out about it. If you can't adapt to what's expected, you don't play here. Nothing new, but we'd rather not have any misunderstandings going into this.
    Each team is responsible for scheduling their match with the other team. Once a time/day is agreed on, the server must be reserved for gameplay. If a match does not get played during its week, both teams will receive a loss. Teams are allowed to substitute a player from their team if necessary, but the new player must not be a player for any other team, and must be an established member of our community (ie. no ringers).

The map schedule is as follows:
    Week 1: cs_Havana
    Week 2: de_Prodigy
    Week 3: cs_Office
    Week 4: de_Contra
    Week 5: cs_Italy

Championship: de_Piranesi

Week 1 competitions:
    A vs B
    C vs D
    E vs F

Let the smack talk begin! :icon26:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Tournament Information

KLOWN SMASH EVERYTHING = pwnt all joo nub losahs!! WEE!

:D heh

G'luck to all..

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Thanks for all of your hard work giving this to us, Tempus.

Great work. This will be fun.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Thanks for all of your hard work giving this to us, Tempus.

Great work. This will be fun.
        Agreed.

Also, I don't know about you guys over there on TEAM A (stacked ;) ). But over here on TEAM B were gonna be practicing our butts off now that we are set for week 1! :) Good Luck. May the best TEAM win.
        We are the music makers,
        and we are the dreamers of the dream.
        Wandering by lone sea breakers,
        and sitting by desolate streams.
        World losers and world forsakers,
        for whom the pale moon gleams.
        Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

Yes Temp, very good job on the organization. But I have to ask... is it possible to post a chart of how it'll go with wins and losses? Like football tournys or whatever the charts with the ---[ things on them... You know what I mean. If I had enough brains to do that, I would... lol Not sure if anyone out there is good with that sorta thing...

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Thanks to all involved in putting this togther. Hopefully, if successful, we can make this a common event!

Good Luck

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Yeah, I've really got to appreciate how much work you guys have put into this. Can't wait to for F to kick some serious A. Team A, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                Yeah, I've really got to appreciate how much work you guys have put into this. Can't wait to for F to kick some serious A. Team A, that is.
                thats right GO F WOO HOO

Comment

Ready and waiting, so sound off like you've got a pair!
                  "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Tempus - nice job. Thanks.

To the other teams, I say just this on behalf of team A - Bring it bitches :)

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Sticky, please?
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

rofl @root!

Team Echo is a shoe in for tourney bitches of the year!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          rofl @root!

Team Echo is a shoe in for tourney bitches of the year!

.............I can't tell if that's good or bad?

The Muffin Man

Comment

We need each team to come up with a captain that makes final arrangements with the tourney organizors and with the opposing teams. Just a point of contact, really (well, depending on how you want to run your team, I guess it could be more...).
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X