cs_italy Terrorist Boundries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_italy Terrorist Boundries

I was kicked today while playing cs_italy for camping as a terrorist at the exit of the cellar just inside the doorway. Perhaps (as a newcomer to CS at TG) I just don't understand the PCS rules completely. To clarify, what exactly constitutes out of bounds for the defending team? Are we only allowed to take up camping spots to deny access that are in visual range of the objective?

Thx,
    Tempest
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Re: cs_italy Terrorist Boundries

Do you know who the admin was that kicked you? Did they provide any warnings beforehand?

Under normal circumstances, that location would be fine. If your team was being rapidly eliminated while you sat and camped, you would be ignoring the needs of your team in lieu of your camping position. You are talking about the exit to the cellar on the T side of the map and not the CT side of the map, correct?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I, too, have been warned about Italy boundries. Some admins seem to think above the APT on the balcony is ok, but some warn me saying that is too far from my objectives.
      Its borderline, but what do the TGers say?

Comment

Above the apt is ok. Going past that is generally considered getting iffy.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You're ok on that balcony unless, as Apo said to Tempest, your team is being eliminated. Then you're too far from the hossies to offer adequate defense.

Tempest... what Apo said.
          You can go into the cellar entrance on the T side but shouldn't be going further. All the way to the CT side entracs is way too far.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
            To clarify, what exactly constitutes out of bounds for the defending team?
            There are no exact bounds. It all depends on the current situation and your teamwork. I wasn't involved so I won't address the specific situation. Going into the wine cellar into and of itself isn't grounds to be kicked, but going down there without telling your team about it is probably unhelpful.

Originally posted by Tempest
            Are we only allowed to take up camping spots to deny access that are in visual range of the objective?
            There is no requirement about being within visual range. However, you should be aware of the status of the objective. That can be done by being within visual range or it can be done by co-ordinating with your teammates and establishing a defensive perimeter.

Comment

This came up in admin discussion recently. Basically, the general consesus on above the apartment was that it is ok.....

....so long as you're not down to just a few Ts left - then they have no reason to be there, they should be protecting the hossies nearer the house.

Usually Ts take up that position at the early part of the round, which i think everyone is ok with, but as the round goes on and people are dying then there is less and less of a reason to be there.

With the wine cellar i'm uncomfortable if i see a T go beyond the door, or go right into the cellar (T side), but up to those points i'm ok with (with the proviso stated above).

HTH

Comment

Do you know who the admin was that kicked you? Did they provide any warnings beforehand?
                No and No. ^^ To be fair, a warning came earlier on an unrelated event where I killed a hostage accidentally in my attempt to kill the rescuing CT.

You're ok on that balcony unless, as Apo said to Tempest, your team is being eliminated. Then you're too far from the hossies to offer adequate defense.
                Perhaps this applied, but I don't remember.

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. As is the typical TG style, no other server even compares.
                Rm 14:2 NIV
                One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X