Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C vs D

Gentlemen,

I think we need to begin negotiations on dates and times to kill one another.
    Please leave comments here on the best date and time and we will put it together from that.
    On another note... OIJ, we need to hammer a few details out prior to the first match.
    I have a few ideas for tactics but it will require coordination from all of us.
    When was the last year that Switchcraft played? Is he capable? I will ask Spearchukker about this too... maybe we can get him out of retirement. Darklord leaves for Iraq very soon, his flight window opens in less then 2 weeks so he cant.
    Meat Drapes
    -[OIJ]-
    Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Re: C vs D

Well, the friggin' update broke my game - now I'm getting the infamous 'could not read memory' error. No problems up to this point...man, Valve _really_ needs to get their act together.

Comment

np's here gooshy,

Verify GCF files

read memory errors

try those out and report back!

- -

Comment

K, Vulc. I did the verify thing, I'll do the other one now.

Thanks!

Gooshy

Comment

I had the same Steam issue....
          Nothing worked... except
          Uninstalling steam and every freaking other thing that was a part of it..
          and reinstalling and waiting a day for all the updates to be delivered... which involved starting and restarting steam several times...
          Tried the verifications, etc...
          :-(
          That said...
          Break a leg... (don't want to jinx you... )

Comment

also try a defrag on your drive. If the one guide doesn't already tell you too.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Meat_Drapes
              Gentlemen,

I think we need to begin negotiations on dates and times to kill one another.
              Please leave comments here on the best date and time and we will put it together from that.
              On another note... OIJ, we need to hammer a few details out prior to the first match.
              I have a few ideas for tactics but it will require coordination from all of us.
              When was the last year that Switchcraft played? Is he capable? I will ask Spearchukker about this too... maybe we can get him out of retirement. Darklord leaves for Iraq very soon, his flight window opens in less then 2 weeks so he cant.
              Spearchukker... Forgot about the big musclehead...

Regarding our match, I suggest that we use the TG Teamspeak server for comms instead of the crappy in-game voicecomms. When you die, it's going to be "fade to black" instead of chase-cam, so dead men can't talk...

And I'm stuck with weekends only for the match. Anytime on the weekend, but I work 1300-0100ish M-F...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                When you die, it's going to be "fade to black" instead of chase-cam, so dead men can't talk...
                i feel like i'm wandering into Team C's dressing room here.....but i have to ask, does that mean we won't be able to watch our own teammates finish (and win!) the rounds?

Comment

That was the original plan, but I think we've decided to allow 1st person speccing.. And hey, you're in the admin forums, read it! :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

lol Tempus.

If only 9v had access to the admin foru..... hey WAIT A SECOND!!
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      That was the original plan, but I think we've decided to allow 1st person speccing.. And hey, you're in the admin forums, read it! :D
                      Err...well i knew that, obviously....i'm just...err...making sure everyone else knew it too....that's all.

phew...i think they've bought it.....

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Regarding our match, I suggest that we use the TG Teamspeak server for comms instead of the crappy in-game voicecomms. When you die, it's going to be "fade to black" instead of chase-cam, so dead men can't talk...
                        I find that idea disturbing for two reasons:
                        1. You will gain the ability to relay tactical information to teammates even after you are dead. CS voice-com was designed around the aspect that once you are dead, there is no two-way communication with your team. If you were ambushed at site B, instead of not knowing exactly what happened, your team can now determine facts from the situation they should not have.

2. Due to either a glitch or design: if you hit spacebar after death you can see both the health and crosshair type (useful for relaying info about who has the sniper rifle) of any player on the map. With this info you could easily determine whether or not to rush the team based on health, and the ability to determine whether or not they are crouching, running, or walking.

Like I said in my PM to the admins: the only the thing at stake in this tourny is bragging rights, and for the most part I trust everyone here. It's up to the admins whether or not these issues need addressing.

PS: Team Darwin will show you what real teamwork is all about.

Comment

Those are good points, particularly regarding point 1. I don't know if point 2 will still be an issue if only 1st person speccing is enabled..

But I think, unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee that TS won't be used.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Dead men don't talk. Cing said it, but you guys overlooked it?

That means you don't talk when you're dead. The moment you realize you're dead you stay off of comms.

It's worked here for ages with GR (which uses TeamSpeak exclusively for voice communications).

The honor system is key here. If we find out someone was abusing TS and it influenced the tournament, that's just too bad. CS is a game. That person's credibility isn't. If they want to throw it away by purposefully using TS to cheat, there's simply nothing we can do about that.

Am I wrong?
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                              I find that idea disturbing for two reasons:
                              1. You will gain the ability to relay tactical information to teammates even after you are dead. CS voice-com was designed around the aspect that once you are dead, there is no two-way communication with your team. If you were ambushed at site B, instead of not knowing exactly what happened, your team can now determine facts from the situation they should not have.
                              You could relate information related to things that happened before you died, but you wouldn't do that, would you?
                              2. Due to either a glitch or design: if you hit spacebar after death you can see both the health and crosshair type (useful for relaying info about who has the sniper rifle) of any player on the map. With this info you could easily determine whether or not to rush the team based on health, and the ability to determine whether or not they are crouching, running, or walking.
                              You cannot do this if the server is set to "fade to black". When you die, you'll get a black screen and can't spectate anything. Tempus indicated that we would like to offer the ability for you to be able to spectate your own team from the 1st person view, but I don't think that's possible. Allowing players to spectate their own team also allows 3rd person viewing, which allows you to see around corners that your teammates are near... Honor is good, but we don't want to tempt anyone into shouting "look out!" when they get excited...
                              Like I said in my PM to the admins: the only the thing at stake in this tourny is bragging rights, and for the most part I trust everyone here. It's up to the admins whether or not these issues need addressing.

PS: Team Darwin will show you what real teamwork is all about.
                              Well, you're right, it is just a game and with -[OIJ]- about to dominate this tourney, it's just not worth it to cheat just to end up in second place...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X