Comments on de_view

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on de_view

The first thought that came to mind was "this map is too open." For me it took quite a few rounds to get used to it (I was on the CT team during the first 9 wins, T during the second). One of the biggest problems that came to light was the fact that the CT and T spawns can be observed from many places on the map. After a giant ruckus we were told not to fire into or near the T spawn. This is a problem because Terrorists can easily kill CTs from their spawn. The situation is similar for the CT spawn. If each team quickly evacuates their spawn after the freeze time has ended then the problem is easily eliminated. With the extended freeze time each team should be able to plan their actions and easily get out of their spawn before it becomes visible to the opposing team. If the Terrorist team wishes to "wait out" the CT team there are many good spots for them to go and not be as vulnerable.

On de_view I think players in each spawn should be fair game. It is a simple matter to get to safer ground and I think enforcing a no shooting rule will only cause conflict and confusion. It is also unfair to those who are open to attack from the enemy spawn.

Re: Comments on de_view

I think the same way. I played it, and personally LOVE the map. Many great spots. But there is that conflict. I say we should do the same: allow shooting into the spawns, because there IS plenty of time to move around and get to spots. Saying no spawn shooting WILL only cause confustion :\

Comment

hate change, hate the map.

Useful comments: None...need to play this detestable map more. At first glance, I agree that the spawns should be fair game...at least able to fire upon, if not enter.

Comment

Originally posted by DON.MAC
        This is a problem because Terrorists can easily kill CTs from their spawn. The situation is similar for the CT spawn.
        This is not correct. One team cannot snipe the other team from their spawn. However both spawns are can be easily sniped from various other positions throughout the map.

On de_view I think players in each spawn should be fair game. It is a simple matter to get to safer ground and I think enforcing a no shooting rule will only cause conflict and confusion.
        The current wait time may not be enough for each team to plan. The map is new and has some twists that will need additional time to plan. The terrorists should not be forced to vacate their spawn. The only "safe" place for them to move to is down the stairs towards B, otherwise they face being sniped right out of their spawn.

It is also unfair to those who are open to attack from the enemy spawn.
        The T spawn is also not a safe haven. I would expect that if they intend to fire from their spawn then they have opened themselves up to counter attack.

Remember... the CTs objective is to protect the bomb sites... not to eliminate the Ts. By immediately taking up sniping positions and opening fire into the T spawn, they are looking for kills.

After a giant ruckus we were told not to fire into or near the T spawn.
        A player not knowing the map isn't always a valid excuse and at times an admin may have to resort to the "slay" command before a verbal warning can be put into play. In this particular case the CT was continuing to snipe the Ts in their spawn. While that CT may not have known the map, he can't be allowed to continually take out the Ts. There was no time to issue a verbal warning as three Ts were sniped before the slay command could even be issued.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if the map is going to last, simply because of the wide open spawns... TG has always enjoyed having maps that allow the offensive team to strategerize in their spawn. Granted, the T's can easily move down those steps into cover that is only about 6 feet away, but still...

And the maps turn into a snipe fest. It's easy for the teams to become unbalanced because of this.

But I like the map overall. It allows for a lot of tactics (including sniping) that we don't often get to see in CS. With just a few minor tweaks (walls protecting the spawn points...), this map would be awesome! Sniping up top, CQB in the tunnels, very few chokepoints, no boundaries... It's a great map except for the exposed spawns...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Actually, I think sniping CT's in thier spawn is much easier. Go up to the bunker/pillbox and look over.. and there's the CT spawn

Also, I take sniping positions in the towers to eliminate T's to prevent them from killing the team or planting the bomb. I don't intenionally look for kills, but T spawn is just THERE right in the open as well. I try to keep the bunker/pillbox clear, and I get hit from T spawn, or they are shooting at me, or they are becking for me to snipe them.
            It's hard to decided whether to shoot them or not :\

Comment

I have to agree with Cing on this one. The map is nicely done, but easily ends up in a sniperfest. Protecting site A as a CT is easy with a Scout or Bullpup, and it opens the door to slaying the T's as soon as they exit spawn, unless they go left from spawn and expose themselves to the CT spawn.

Each has a fast way to both bombsites, but T's only have one secure way into one of those bombsites, the other way is open and could only be held by good cover or excellent snipers.

I am worried this map will turn into a sniperfest with little being done to protect bombsites or plant the bomb. Granted, you have to make sure a bombsite is open beforehand, but when the entire CT and T team is sitting back with scouts looking for each other I can't considerably call that a tactical approach. I call that snipefest '05.
              "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Sniper... that's one of the problems. It leaves two teams facing each other and there is bound to be at least one player that will open fire.

I'm with Cing... I like the map except for the open spawns. If they were walled up or further off with the rest of the map open it would be awesome.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Killing the other team at the spawn from across the map is a must. The bunkers from t side can cover the entire map, its only fair top allow the ct to snipe any t the are too slow to take cover ten feet to their left of right of thier spawn. The ts can take cover before any ct can get into position to snipe them. The map was made with the knowledge that clear lines of sites exist for both the ts and cts.

Comment

Do we have a mapper who can go and edit it up? Or contact the guy who made it to edit it?

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
                      Killing the other team at the spawn from across the map is a must. The bunkers from t side can cover the entire map, its only fair top allow the ct to snipe any t the are too slow to take cover ten feet to their left of right of thier spawn. The ts can take cover before any ct can get into position to snipe them. The map was made with the knowledge that clear lines of sites exist for both the ts and cts.
                      This causes the T's to rush. They are forced down the direction of the B site and out of their buy zone.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                        This causes the T's to rush. They are forced down the direction of the B site and out of their buy zone.
                        This in no way causes them to rush. All they have to do is take a few steps to the side to get cover from the sniper, and then they can do whatever they want from that point on. Taking a few steps to the side and rushing the bombsite are totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_j
                          This in no way causes them to rush. All they have to do is take a few steps to the side to get cover from the sniper, and then they can do whatever they want from that point on. Taking a few steps to the side and rushing the bombsite are totally different.
                          It causes them to rush their buying and then immediately move. They cannot buy once down the tunnel. Now, if they wish to go to B the must enter their spawn again right into the line of sniper fire. If they wish to move towards A they must make their decision quickly and move towards the A site or the garage. This is "rushing" them to make a decision.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                            Not really they can take cover behind the building to the left or make their way to b and hang a left down that alley. Also, if the cts try to get into the towers the ts can easily kill them before they reach the top of the ladder. If tg decides to forbid ct from sniping the ts at their spawn, then they have to forbid the ts from sniping the ct from the bunker(ct at their spawn of course). It is not as if the ct are killing the ts from their spawn, they have to get into position which take time, makes noise and is visible to the ts. I like the map and think once people get used to playing on it the minor problems people have with it will be resolved by tactics which is what tg is all about. I believe that there should be a little more exploring of the map before rules are implemented. I have played it a few times and each time the games have been close. Please pardon my random ranting.

Also, i think the buy time is long enough that they should be able to arm themselves before the round starts.

Comment

You're all missing the point in each of my posts. The Ts must make their decision quickly, before the CTs have a chance to get into sniping position. Yes, they can move left behind the garage or right down the stairs and each way will take them out of their buy zone and toward one spawn or the other.

And yes, they can go right down the stairs, pass the B site and try to get past the CTs waiting to get back up to A. Yes all of that is true...

... and yes the Ts have to make their decision "in a rush" and move out of their buy zone.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...