X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment on de_dust2

I plucked this out of a discussion concerning de_view:

Originally posted by asch
    Remember... the CTs objective is to protect the bomb sites... not to eliminate the Ts. By immediately taking up sniping positions and opening fire into the T spawn, they are looking for kills.
    On dust2 the CTs can snipe the Ts through the double doors near the CTs spawn. This forces the Ts to move out of their buy zone very quickly. I've seen this done many times by various people playing CT.

Should it be discouraged?
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Re: Comment on de_dust2

The Ts can (and more often do) the same thing to the CTs. The CTs have learned to jump across the opening when they cross.

I'd say it's not worth making a rule over.. We seem to have enough on our plate with other "boundaries-but-not-boundaries" issues.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

This does not force Ts out of their buy zone, as there is space in the T buy zone to which a CT cannot have LOS from near his spawn.

In NS, we've had some very heated debates about "yeah, we can't say this is a popular move, but do we really want to make a rule about it?" issues. One pattern that emerges from those debates is the weighing of cost and benefit.

Yes, the CT can quickly respond to a threat at either objective he is concerned about. Yes, the CT can inflict cost on the Ts early if the Ts allow it. However, his decision causes the bomb points to be that much weaker. By sending a sniper to the double doors, the CT team is playing aggressively and risks being vulerable elsewhere (not to mention THERE, where the Ts can and sometimes do return fire) if the decision doesn't pay off.

I say no rule is required here.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't think this map has really been a problem from what I've seen. The Ts can move out of the line of fire and still be in their buy zone. The players have to be in a fairly small area to even be in the range of being sniped.

While the CTs probably shouldn't be trying to snipe into the T spawn... I wouldn't make any new rules around it.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I've seen lots of posts here lately on map discussions. I haven't read them all, but I get the point.

There is always going to be some oddity in every map thinkable that someone does not like. Someone may not like double doors on dust because you can shoot through them or the barrels get in the way and block the door. Someone may not like the tunnel to B because it's too much of a cut off area. Someone may not like the hole above B because grenades can be spammed too much through them.

There are a million and one things that each individual does not like about the maps or the game.

I think, personally, that we should revamp all the maps in a PCS form and just host a server with custom maps only. PCS_blahblah.

We are getting a lot of new maps up, yes, but these will take time which I have plenty of. :D

Vulcan's new map is coming along smoothly. It'll probably be damn near done when I get the huts done. :D heh

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Problem:
            Originally posted by K2_the_Turtle
            On dust2 the CTs can snipe the Ts through the double doors near the CTs spawn.
            Solution: Use some common sense. Be tactically aware of your location (i.e. are you in plain view from a CT sniping from the double doors) and if need be, move out of the line of sight

Geez Turtle, I thought you would be able to figure this one out by yourself :icon16:

Comment

Should we apply this same "solution" to de_view?

Why?

Why not?
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                Should we apply this same "solution" to de_view?

Why?

Why not?
                My only gribe with de_view is that we want teams to take their time to prepare their plan. The sniping situation on de_view causes problems with this by forcing them out of the buy zone and down a certain path quickly.

de_dust2 does have a small section that you can be sniped, but you do not have to move out of the buy zone or out of your spawn.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

I consider this a flaw in de_dust2. It's minor enough that I don't think the map needs to be pulled, but I still don't like the long view into the T spawn.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X