Help setting up a CS:S server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up a CS:S server

I purchased a server and I was wondering if any of you TG guys thats good with FTP stuff could give me a hand with it. The rcon works and it plays maps but I'm lost on how to add/remove maps, admin plugins, etc etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have time, I'm home around 11pm central time. My AIM screen name is EmwunGarand82

Re: Help setting up a CS:S server

c'mon, someone wanna help a brotha out? please

Comment

I want to, but I've been working all night. Tomorrow night is iffy, but I'm available Friday night if you can't find help before then.

I'm sorry I can't help sooner.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Man, there are two perfectly good servers right here.. Why would you want your own? ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm just an idiot when it comes to what I need and where I need to put it. I downloaded view, inferno and nuke and i know they need to go in the maps folder, but not sure what needs to go with them. Also want to take chateau, havana and dust1 off of the rotation, and add some sort of admin plugin/mod. However, I have no earthly idea how to begin this.

Comment

I would start here for a windows based server: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?forumid=44

Or here for a linux based server:http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?forumid=45
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X