Hey uhh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey uhh

Any chance of getting un-banned from CS:S #2?

;)

Pwease. I cursed in chat (sorry) and it banz0rd me.

Re: Hey uhh

This is great because it gives me a chance to ruminate on one of my favorite player behaviors.

Is is truly that hard NOT to type a curse word? Letting something slip over voicecomm I generally understand, but it takes real EFFORT to type something out. I'd think by letter three you'd realize what you were typing and stop it.

On that note, best of luck with the unbanning. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Code:
      L0223060.log:L 02/23/2005 - 15:12:06: [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for  High TK Count 4
      L0223065.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for Potty Mouth
      L0223067.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for Potty Mouth
      L0223068.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for Potty Mouth
      L0223068.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Autobanned 120 minutes
      Looks like you had a rough day yesterday.

The server automatically banned you after you were automatically kicked FOUR TIMES fpr language.

Take notice of what is not allowed behavior and reform yourself.

This ban will remove itself if it hasn't already.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not that I really care myself, but I've noticed a lot of cursing on the servers, and a lot of it comes from people wearing a [TG] tag.

Comment

**** ***! :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            This is great because it gives me a chance to ruminate on one of my favorite player behaviors.

Is is truly that hard NOT to type a curse word? Letting something slip over voicecomm I generally understand, but it takes real EFFORT to type something out. I'd think by letter three you'd realize what you were typing and stop it.

On that note, best of luck with the unbanning. :)
            I feel the same way. I've got several sets of vocabulary that I use depending on the setting that I'm in. I talk much differently when I'm at work than I do at home, and if I'm talking to a kindergarten class my vocabulary is toned down even more. I try to keep my CS vocabulary free of four letter words, but it's too much like work, I guess, and some will occasionally slip out.

But typing a curse? C'mon...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have also been banned... As I'm sure most of you already know, I type REALLY fast.

I find myself typing omfg when something wierd or unusual happens to me in game. The language filter of course catches it, and gets mad at me. I didn't really curse, I just abbreviated. I can still understand why omfg should not be said in the server.

I've found myself slacking up on the cursing since I joined TG. I still talk nasty IRL, and I'm trying to slack up a bit on that.

TG changes us all..

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                I find myself typing omfg when something wierd or unusual happens to me in game. The language filter of course catches it, and gets mad at me. I didn't really curse, I just abbreviated. I can still understand why omfg should not be said in the server.
                Is shooting someone "the bird" any less offensive than actually telling them in English? Your intent is known.

Like I've said before, I don't agree with the langauge filter, but I don't lose anything by following the rule. It's not like it stops me from playing effectively. And it's a VERY effective way of clearing out most idiots (not a jab at you, but most random pubbies who whine and moan about our rules).

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Code:
                  L0223060.log:L 02/23/2005 - 15:12:06: [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for  High TK Count 4
                  L0223067.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for Potty Mouth
                  L0223068.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Kicked for Potty Mouth
                  L0223068.log:L 02/23/2005 - [BeetlesMod]Emwun Garand Autobanned 120 minutes
                  Looks like you had a rough day yesterday.

The server automatically banned you after you were automatically kicked FOUR TIMES fpr language.

Take notice of what is not allowed behavior and reform yourself.

This ban will remove itself if it hasn't already.
                  Yeah, twas a bad night between Console and I. I still <3 him though.

But on a more serious note, I was just in a reallly bad mood last night, and the 4 times for cursing thing, I was testing to see what words would kick me. lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X