Update to CS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to CS

Well it looks like they're throwing in De_train in the update and fixing the radar as well! I'm personally excited to see cs_compound, de_train not so much.

radar map though woot!

- -

Re: Update to CS

de_train is a great map. I'm glad they're including it. What are they doing with the radar?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      de_train is a great map. I'm glad they're including it. What are they doing with the radar?
      They're adding location information. Think how NS labels areas as you walk through them.... now put that information under the radar circle.

They do that for CS:CZ, if you've ever had the opportunity to play that.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Ah, cool.. Now, if they'll let me click on a blip on the radar so that I can slay rushers I'll be VERY impressed.. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Can't wait! Hopefully they will throw a new model at us!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Train?! OMG THANKS VALVE!!!

(I love that map! :D)

Comment

nooooo!!! no train!!! it's all about cs maps...!!!!!..

and de_chateau ;P

Comment

Well... I got the update... then I couldn't join the server because it was forcing consistency in some file...

Server is enforcing consistency for this file: models\weapons\w_c4_planted.mdl
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

It's updating now! Says it will take 123 minutes... We'll see.. :(

Hopefully the servers will be updated by then,, :D

Sigh... Mostly bot fixes... :(

Counter-Strike: Source

New hostage resuce map cs_compound

Added Source version of de_train

Upgraded version of the CT player model

Location names are shown in radio/team chat, and under the radar

Server tickrate can be specified with -tickrate

Added radio command aliases

Added mp_humanteam cvar [any | ct | t] (forces human players onto specified team – useful for humans vs bots)

Added new “match” mode for bot_quota -- If bot_quota_mode = “match”, bot count = (human count) * bot_quota

Bots no longer automatically follow humans (bot_auto_follow now defaults to 0)

Bots are balanced before humans with mp_autoteambalance

Bots can open simple +use doors

Bots change their names to match the prefix when bot_prefix changes

Several improvements to bot behavior when paths become blocked -- solves problems specific to cs_havana

Bots won’t throw grenades if something is blocking their throw

Bots are better at only breaking objects that are in their way

Fixed bug where a bot occasionally “dithered” rapidly between two or more targets without firing
                  bot_kick and bot_kill console commands use the bot's base name without the bot_prefix
                  de_piranesi - bots avoid the breakable crates better.

A bomb exploding just as the round restarts no longer kills players at the start of the next round

Grenades being thrown when the player dies no longer disappear

Increased mp_limitteams bounds to 0-30, where 0 will disable this functionality

Players’ arms and hands can be hit by bullets now

Target ID font is proportional, and it doesn't resize incorrectly after a resolution change

Overviews don't show player locations when mp_fadetoblack is on

Players with spaces in their names can be selected in the spectator GUI

Observers can change their name at round restart

Throwing a grenade right at round restart no longer results in holding a “ghost” grenade viewmodel at respawn

Comment

New model, WOOT!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Dangit!!! Just when I was getting used to the old models.............

The Muffin Man

Comment

is it paris hilton?

Comment

The new CT model is horrible IMO.

Comment

shaddup tempus....they r0x0rZ!!!

Comment

30 minutes to download an update and all I get is the CT team replaced by the New England Patriots.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X