Server Stats.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Stats.

Not sure if you all have seen this before. It's pretty cool. There is also a plug-in for the front page. Very similar to BFTracks

http://www.serverspy.net/site/search...154:27015&g=21
    http://www.serverspy.net/site/search...155:27015&g=21

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Re: Server Stats.

I was wondering if there was a client side stat program that would give me accuracy%

Comment

Ehhhh. I have trouble with knowing that something is keep track of stats. I feel like it takes away from the soul of objective based teamwork, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchist Weasel
        Ehhhh. I have trouble with knowing that something is keep track of stats. I feel like it takes away from the soul of objective based teamwork, you know?
        I agree... We need to remove scores period just leave team score. The only thing that matters is did your team complete the objective. All else is vaunt.

Comment

Well, it's still interesting just to see the stats. No one here takes them as a huge ego booster. Also, it doesn't have a big memory. So it's not too accurate as is.

Comment

Something's wrong..................no Grifter. D'oh, stupid Cain and I have the same Steam ID........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Actually, I have a better idea than removing kill/death ratios and etc.

Why not make a ranking plugin that ranks you by how well you're working with the team.

If you are near the bomb when it is defused as CT, you get a point. If you damage someone that a team-mate damaged before you, you get a point. If you do team damage, you lose a point. If you throw a lot of grenades, you gain points depending on location on the map.

This is all possible. If we could mod CS1.6 with a War-Craft 3 mod, then why can't we make a plugin that lets us rank by team play rather than kill/death ratio.

Hell, we can even go a step further, and create a minimod for CSS. It can be done. I don't know how, but I'm sure someone does.

Some clan sites take requests on minimods. CAL based clans and etc, people that want to get away from the actual CSDM play and be stupid with lightning bolts and entangling roots.

Well, atleast some did in 1.6.

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

If you analyze the stats, the team with the best ratios end up being the team that wins the map....I donít think anything is wrong with being the player that kills the enemy before they kill you, and enjoys that fact. With that said, I would rather die running to a bomb I know I cant defuse than to run away, and NOTHING makes me more angry than watching a ct not even try to get close to the bomb because he/she knows there is no hope to defuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                  Actually, I have a better idea than removing kill/death ratios and etc.

Why not make a ranking plugin that ranks you by how well you're working with the team.
                  Because like PCS, what makes up "how well you're working with the team" is an exercise in fluid dynamics, that's why not. Being on the other side of the map while your team defuses the bomb might be a good thing, if you're hindering the progress of the remaining Ts, for example.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well I personally am not a personal Stats guy. If I was, I would have a pretty low morale. I posted this mainly for the SERVER STATS. If others like to look at personal stats, and I just know there are alot of STAT junkies out there. Knock yourself out!

Comment

Well, with the progress we've seen from SDK and the like, I think we are gaining, if we don't already have, the technology to make a ranking system based on PCS standards.

It's all just programming.

-Mom
                      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                        Well, with the progress we've seen from SDK and the like, I think we are gaining, if we don't already have, the technology to make a ranking system based on PCS standards.

It's all just programming.

-Mom
                        No. It isn't.

An action that helps your team one round might be injurious next round, but programatically they might not look any different.

Hell, the subjective nature of PCS doesn't allow for "rules", and you think scoring it can be coded? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'm with Poker. Could we author a programmatic scoring system for PCS? Yeah. Would it be disappointing when it was finished? Yeah, probably.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well... nvm... lol

-Mom
                            Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I'm with Poker. Could we author a programmatic scoring system for PCS? Yeah. Would it be disappointing when it was finished? Yeah, probably.

A interesting idea nevertheless!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X