Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure Server?

Hey guys.

First off, I just want to thank the admins for doing such an awesome job - especially with the new page_admin feature. Without them, the TG community wouldn't be what it is today.

For those who have played on the Dead Men Walking server you're aware that you must register on their website (along with your steam ID) in order to join the server.

I'm getting tired of constantly reminding people who are new to the server the rules. Granted, they are unfamiliar with the rulesm and most of them conform pretty quickly, there are often those pubbers that just don't listen.

I was wondering what it would take to implement a registration system like that of TGS? I'd like to ask everyone for their opinion about this - if it will either help create a better gaming community or if it might close off new people from joining.

Maybe 'secure' one of the servers?

What do you guys think?

-AW
    Last edited by Anarchist Weasel; 03-04-2005, 04:15 PM.

Re: Secure Server?

I'd say no. The TGS guys themselves might have never joined our server if we'd had these requirements. You might not have even found us. Hell, I'd say that 90% of the players we have would not be here if that were the case.

As far as a secure server, I believe we are working on something like that, but it will be for Supporting Members only. Those will be good games for sure! :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I like the idea for one of the servers that way there at least there will be one place where we can play late at night when all the admins are counting sheep... both servers and the tg community would wither on the vine.

Comment

Well actually AW we don't require people to register before comming to our server. We allow all to come, and we get rid of the undesirables. Like Tempus said we would not have found this great community if we were not all out pubbing one night. At TGS, like here we get all types of people come through, some can't stand the tactical gameplay and leave (good ridance), while others grow to love it and come by frequently.

I do sympathize with always having to "babysit" newcomers, I am not really sure how it would be prevented in a open community.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Ack. I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I didn't mean TGS server - I meant Dead Man Walking server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X