Nuke=server enema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuke=server enema

Is it me, or does this map clear out the server when it rears its ugly head?

No offense to anyone that likes this map but I move it be stricken from the servers and never spoken of again.

Re: Nuke=server enema

I fail to see why people don't like the map, other than the fact that it empties the server. Chicken or egg?

Really, the map is one of the most beautiful out there, and seems pretty balanced. I suppose it's a little tough on some systems, but it can't be that bad.. I play it on my 2.0GHz.

So what gives?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I agree the map is by far the best graphics wise, although train is also nice looking. I cant answer your question as to why i don't like it. I am sure that one of the reason is that late at night when the server is half populated, that map end my css playing for the day becuase everyone leaves.

Comment

I don't like the map either, and if it comes on I leave. I wasn't a fan of de_nukes_b8 much either, just something about it strikes a nerve and I don't like it much at all.
        It looks nice yeah, but I don't like being on it.
        "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

meh...i like it...until train came along it seemed like the only true source map. Crazy cool graphics and sounds...and crushed cars everywhere! plus a pool.

Comment

I like the map... but I think with a 14 player server if a couple leave due to performance on poor machines, then the rest follow like lemmings.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

if your talkin late at night then i'd say you can prolly expect that on any given map except office lol

- -

Comment

When this map comes on I usually stay, but most people leave, which is why I don't like it. From 7vs7 it has gone to 2vs1. It really should be removed.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Too bad. I like the map. Looks good. LOVE what they did with the bottom bomb site. A number of different routes. Relatively small map.

Ah well. A "Great!" empty map does not a comunity make.

Comment

I HATE DE_GO_NUKE!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGHHH RAAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRR!!!!!!! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg I freaking hate it!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-implement our old de_nukes_b8 PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

I'll do your laundry for a whole year!!!!!!!!!!!

Also..... can we PPLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE do some sort of poll for what maps we do want in rotation? Or is that not up for discussion? I have noticed not only myself, however many others complaining of not just go_nuke but other maps we have in our rotation... I dont nessecarily want them removed, but perhaps we could implement more maps? This is all just a suggestion, perhaps ya'll could think about it and come up with something? I know your all so smart!!!
                    We are the music makers,
                    and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                    Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                    and sitting by desolate streams.
                    World losers and world forsakers,
                    for whom the pale moon gleams.
                    Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

I love de_go_nuke.

If you were a supporting member, you'd be able to initiate map votes and you wouldn't have to worry about this.

With the limited number of maps available to us, I don't think there's much room to change our rotation...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Actually map votes aren't currently working, and I have been told by others that you must have administrative privledges for this to occur anyhow.
                        We are the music makers,

Comment

Originally posted by FOX9
                          Actually map votes aren't currently working, and I have been told by others that you must have administrative privledges for this to occur anyhow.
                          Map votes will work again soon, and what you were told about administrative privilege regarding map votes is incorrect. Supporting members have the right to start map votes at certain times.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

certain times?
                            We are the music makers,

Comment

Don't start votemaps in the middle of games.

Don't start votemaps when even a single person objects.

etc, etc.

Their privilege comes with responsibility.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X